annoying noise on new bike, driving me mad

Home Forum Bike Forum annoying noise on new bike, driving me mad

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • annoying noise on new bike, driving me mad
  • Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

something that is contacting the wheel while the suspension is under load. Cable possibly

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

Could be a spoke bedding in, so only happens with weight on.
    If you cannot work it out, get it back in shop and checked.

milkyman

it sounds like its spoke related, going to take tyre of and have a look

Premier Icon andycs
    Subscriber

Have you got something stuck in the tire?

bigbadbob

milkyman Stop whistling when you are riding then…

milkyman

no nowt stuck in tyre, and now popped inner tube, bloody tyres are well tight, tea break time 🙁

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

Prod each spoke, see if there’s a loose one.

milkyman

I got my new bike over the weekend and after a short gentle ride of only about 3 miles a clicking sound started coming from the front wheel, I think.

as the bike speeds up the clicking sound speeds up, if I get of the bike and rotate the wheel no sound but if I put the wheel on the floor and push down on bars and wheel the bike along slowly it clicks

its a stash 8 that I got and I think it has sealed bearings, I can see a thing that could be catching so I am at a bit of a loss but I really don’t want to take it back to the shop so soon

any one got any suggestions
    thanks in advance

milkyman

found an old tube of KY jelly under bed, tyre has now eased on, checked the spokes they all seem the right tension

I_Ache

found an old tube of KY jelly under bed, tyre has now eased on,

Good to see it helps with getting into tight things!

mickolas

I once had a disc brake where the disc was catching slightly on the caliper body. Try a gentle roll up and down the drive with the caliper off (and taped to the fork leg or something). Also check for foreign bodies in the caliper of course.

plyphon

I had this on a new bike once.

Turned out when the bike companies apply the millions of stickers new MTBs seems to ship with, one had come slightly loose and was catching on the front mech with every rotation.

Lesson of the story: Look in REALLY silly places. It’s likely to be something small and silly rather than serious.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘annoying noise on new bike, driving me mad’ is closed to new replies.