Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • Annoying habits of colleagues….
  • tinribz
    Free Member

One guy who when they eat has to put as much in their mouth as possible each bite,why!!?

Also when they’re holding the sandwich in two hands they still have to move their head towards it rather than move the sandwich to their mouths,wtf! And then make sucking noises like its trying to escape.

Most days I have to time my own lunches away from the desk to avoid it all, else I’d go mad.

Thankfully the guy who had breakfasts at a desk nearby and sucked his fingers, left.

hooli

[/quote]Misophonia is a condition in which you are easily annoyed or angered by little sounds. Such as your coworker who eats or breathes too loudly.

Seems a few of us have this

richmtb

Annoying habits of colleagues…

…not being able to find their arse with both hands. Out of their depth in a car park puddle. Delusions of mediocrity. Depriving a village of an idiot.

You get the picture.

GregMay
    Free Member

I hate the way the MRI won’t stop BUZZING.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Annoying habits of colleagues…

…not being able to find their arse with both hands. Out of their depth in a car park puddle. Delusions of mediocrity. Depriving a village of an idiot.

You get the picture.

Amen sister – sums it up for me

richc
    Free Member

I suspect some of you need to work somewhere where you have to work more and piss around less, if half this stuff bothers you

wilburt
    Free Member

Only speaking to me when they want something but preceding the question with several other questions about my family or worse still cycling exploits.

FFS just ask the bloody question.

stumpy01

One bloke who will moan about anything and everything and manages to suck every last vestige of joy and happiness out of the office.

He’ll even moan about stuff he’s completely wrong about and when you correct him, he’ll just say ‘ah, yeah but…’ before either carrying on in the same vain, or moving onto his next subject…

butcher

Coffee rounds. The insistence that under no circumstances should you make your own coffee, unless you’re also making it for everyone else. If it’s not your turn, you should wait (usually several hours) until someone else makes it, otherwise you become the office bitch and waiting times extend while everyone waits for YOU to make it. Again.

Then when it arrives, it does so with a completely different set of ingredients than you asked for, in someone else’s unwashed mug, still with bits of their lip stuck to it.

I just drink water now.

General cleanliness, or lack of. Using the tea towel in the kitchen (the one that is used to clean the dishes) to dry your hands after taking a dump. Or worse still, using to wipe away any remnants after you’ve been sick…

It might be a bit OCD, but when you sit somewhere 8 hours a day, you notice these things.

martinhutch

Whistling. Anyone who whistles a merry little tune, in any location, deserves to die horribly.

I had to leave B&Q once because the sound of some old git whistling was carrying over the entire store.

Yes, I am aware that I have a problem.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

@martinhutch – I hear you loud and clear, I can’t stand whistlers, esp when it doesn’t go anywhere i.e. it’s not tune just **** whistling.

Located in city centre of Edinburgh ~ I have to put up with bagpipers outside my office, right now the arsehole is just playing a scale constantly 😈 So none of my colleagues habits are half as annoying as that.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

we have a loud bloke too, one of those proper rentagobshites who cant shut the eff up all day long. bla bla bollocking bla, feels the need to voice every single thought and emotion that pops in his head, and its not a mouse voice either, its a big booming bassy bastard that grates & makes me wanna tear my hair out. He is obviously also an expert in pretty much everything in the world and what he doesn’t know he has a completely staunch yet uniformed opinion of it! he also has to better or one-up everything anyone else says, if ive been to the moon he’s been to mars type of thing. he also says ‘cool’ a lot, A LOT!

……… he’s just piped up “ahhh, think ill make a cup of tea in a minute,,,, ” then a few minutes later “right cup of tea time, making a cup of tea, hope theres enough milk in the fridge, anyone know if theres enough mil… (hes reached the fridge by now) COOL, yeah. loads of milk , cool, cool”

anyone else would just get up & silently brew up, not this tee-wat. he riles me so bad, i would love to repeatedly slam the fridge door into his head….

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Where to start…..

turning up 40 mins late for a job, then spending 2 hrs talking about the job/slagging it off, rather than getting on with it.

getting upset when they have to work past 1330 (after arriving late).

Buggering off to the cafe for 90 minutes every day!

johndoh
    Free Member

Or the sort of colleague that, if you were to ask them the time, they explain how a watch works for the next 30 minutes…

tinribz
    Free Member

By ‘watch’ I assume you mean solar rotation meter…?

I just remembered the most annoying sound in all of Christendom, flip flops slapping the soles of feet as they walk through the office.

johndoh
    Free Member

8)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

In our old office I got so sick and tired of people not washing up after themselves (then loudly moaning there were no clean plates etc or sink was full etc) that I just binned the lot.
    You know what Hora? Occasionally…. very occasionally… your weird and incomprehensible world view comes up with something closely resembling genius.

Agreed!. I view hora in a similar way as I did kaesae. An idiot, but he’s our idiot.

hora
    Free Member

stumpy01

martinhutch – Member
    Whistling. Anyone who whistles a merry little tune, in any location, deserves to die horribly.

I had to leave B&Q once because the sound of some old git whistling was carrying over the entire store.

HA HA! I do this. Mainly as a location sounding beacon for my wife if we go to look for different things in a large shop and then can’t find each other.
    Rather than bothering to look for her when all that would happens is we’d follow each other around just out of sight, I will find something relatively interesting to look at and stand in the same place, but start whistling.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Going in on their day off and not being paid.
    Brown nosing losers.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

We used to have one of those. His nickname was “Thrush”
    He once asked why when he found out, “is it because I sound like a songbird?”
    The reply, “no, you are an irritating c*n*”

onehundredthidiot

As a student I worked for a big distillery company based in Elgin.

Big Steve whistled, a lot, but only one tune and only the chorus. Que sera sera still makes me rage uncontrlably.

On the positive side there was a very large samples room,containing samples from raw spirit to 50 years, which I felt the need to frequent every time he whistled. I never drove to work as I knew I’d be over the limit by the time i left.

ThePinkster

we have a loud bloke too, one of those proper rentagobshites who cant shut the eff up all day long. bla bla bollocking bla, feels the need to voice every single thought and emotion that pops in his head, and its not a mouse voice either, its a big booming bassy bastard that grates & makes me wanna tear my hair out. He is obviously also an expert in pretty much everything in the world and what he doesn’t know he has a completely staunch yet uniformed opinion of it! he also has to better or one-up everything anyone else says, if ive been to the moon he’s been to mars type of thing. he also says ‘cool’ a lot, A LOT!

……… he’s just piped up “ahhh, think ill make a cup of tea in a minute,,,, ” then a few minutes later “right cup of tea time, making a cup of tea, hope theres enough milk in the fridge, anyone know if theres enough mil… (hes reached the fridge by now) COOL, yeah. loads of milk , cool, cool”

anyone else would just get up & silently brew up, not this tee-wat. he riles me so bad, i would love to repeatedly slam the fridge door into his head….Can’t you just tell him to “shut the f*** up” in a reasonably forceful voice? I find this works fine on the few occasions I’ve had to do it.

What bugs me is people moaning about stuff in their office but not having the balls to do anything about it.

Northwind

People who when you ask them how they are, or how their day’s going, are always BRILLIANT. **** off, we don’t want to hear about how brilliant everything is, we want sob stories and disappointment. How was your weekend? Well my car went on fire. That sort of thing.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

The ones that leave the bogs in a shocking state

I hate the ‘trap roulette’ you have to play.

Do I get the one with a skidded/pebble dashed /unflushed bowl?
    Do I get the one with p**s all over the floor?
    Do I get the one with the sweaty/sh**y smear on the back of the seat*

Oh great, must be my lucky day. I get all three in one cubicle 🙄

*just how bad does someone’s personal hygiene have to be to manage this??

LardLover
    Free Member

joshvegas – Member

Microwaving Fish
    Rubbish in the compost
    Not using the bog brush
    Not even flushing
    Picking nose and wiping it on cubicle walls

if it wasn’t for the compost comment I’d swear we worked in the same place.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

A female colleague’s timbre and vocal mannerisms are only able to be coped with by realising what a **** I must appear to her.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I worked with a lad who would complain about the state of the kitchen then proceed to leave his empty wrappers and plate on the canteen tables. On more than one occasion I collected his shite up and delivered it to his office at the other end of the warehouse. He was completely oblivious. If he had not of complained in the first place then I could not have given two ****.

samuri
    Free Member

Happily, I’ve reached a happy compromise on this level. I’ve positioned my desk so the only people who sit near me work for me. If any of their habits disgust me I simply sack them on a trumped up charge and then hire someone who does not have a disgusting habit.

Also, if I need a poo and someone hasn’t flushed the toilet or scrubbed the pan clean, I simply threaten one of my terrified staff into going and cleaning it all up for me.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Other people using the last of my wet bum wipes and not buying a new packet.

mtbtom
    Free Member

Having to listen to other people take a dump when I’m in the toilet…

I reckon I have the shits once every other year on average, share a toilet with about 100 people. That should mean once a week the toilet gets destroyed. But almost every time I go in there, there’s some guy breaching the peace like a whale clearing prunes from it’s blowhole.

What do these guys eat? Canteen is pretty good!

c_klein87

Only a minor thing, people who use 4 or 5 sheets of paper towels to dry their hands after taking a leak, the company must waste so much money!

joshvegas
    Free Member

People who complain about wasting company money.

Infact anyone who goes above and beyond for the company.

The whole it will be noticed that i do overtime attitude.

arrpee
    Free Member

I once worked with a senior manager who thought it was okay to hack-up a great gob of phlegm, flob it into the sink, then leave it stuck there like a dead jellyfish.

He didn’t do it in front of people, but his culpability was determined by a process of deduction.

Ironically, he liked to present a facade of being Mr. Social Conscience. Evidently, this didn’t extend to the cleaner he assumed would chisel it off the enamel for him.

slowoldman

Farting (not at my desk but it sometimes follows me back)

Oh surely we all absent mindly lift a buttock and squeeze one out from time to time. No?

slowoldman

wwaswas – Member
    Working at home on my own I have to make my own irritation.

I’ve been stopping myself making a cup of tea for the last half an hour.
    If you want to really wind yourself up, piss on the toilet seat and throw bog roll around the bathroom.

mudshark
    Free Member

Oh surely we all absent mindly lift a buttock and squeeze one out from time to time. No?

I find the fan on my desk useful for helping shift accidental air leaks.

People who cough without covering their mouths get me – especially if sitting opposite me.

nealglover
    Free Member

I find the fan on my desk useful for helping shift accidental air leaks.
    People who cough without covering their mouths get me – especially if sitting opposite me.

He he, so it’s ok for you to blow your farts at them with a fan, but not ok for them to cough and not cover their mouth.

😉

xcgb
    Free Member

martinhutch – Member

Shop whistler here too! sorry about that……. Oh i hum random tunes too if that makes a difference!

PJM1974
    Free Member

One of mine is lovely, but has no social filter between brain and mouth, so everything that’s going through her mind leaks out of her mouth.

Bless her…I do have to say “TMI, Becky” every single time she mentions anything to do with the monthly moon fairy or her frequent dicky tummy.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Annoying habits of colleagues….’ is closed to new replies.