• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Clink.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • XCM Racing *CONTAINS SPOILERS*
  • Clink

Great result for Annie, sprint for the line with PFP. She seems to be stronger this season.

Bunnyhop

Yay!

Kryton57

Could have done with a spoiler alert style title…..

ampthill

It was a brilliant moment in a very close sprint with Pauline FP. I’m not sure whether Neff has no sprint or was exhausted but she was a distant third. Annie last has had some great rides this season

Big deal for Pauline too. Her third rainbow jersey this year with potential for one more

Does anyone know if the gravel bike world championships will be televised?

ampthill

Could have done with a spoiler alert style title…..

As the coverage consisted of a about 4 fixed cameras on 40km loop, a mixed Danish English commentary and lot’s of adverts for the region I think it’s probably excusable

Although the spoiler issue did put me off starting the thread this morning

Drac

As the coverage consisted of a about 4 fixed cameras on 40km loop, a mixed Danish English commentary and lot’s of adverts for the region I think it’s probably excusable

Putting the result in the topic title is a huge spoiler.

wipperman95
    Free Member

The coverage wasn’t great; and didn’t make for a great watch – and for some reason there was background music. What’s all that about. Marathon isn’t easy to cover, but it was better last year as they used camera motorbikes…It seems as if the Marathon Worlds organisers are left to their own devices, and the UCI have very little input; as the live timing wasn’t on the UCI website.

Next year, XCM is also part of the new Discovery/Eurosport deal, so one hopes they can provide watchable coverage.

Third XC World title in 3 weeks for PFP, who is consistently overlooked by cycling media as one of the greats. And a second World title for Sam Gaze who broke a collar bone in the XCO Worlds race.

One hopes the Gravel worlds are televised/streamed, but who knows?

Clink

Sorry for the spoiler! Just got a bit excited. We’ve followed Annie ever since my daughters made a banner for her at London olympics.

ampthill

Clink your daughters are clearly more appreciative than mine. Like you I started following Annie’s career having got the family 2012 Olympic tickets.

I just mentioned to my daughter that a cyclists she’d seen in action had just won a silver world championships medals. She said “I don’t think even looked at the cycling when we went to the Olympics”

Clink

In fairness it was the only event we went to. It was a grand day out though 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.