Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ann **** Widdecombe on the BBC…..
  • RustySpanner

…..helping to fix the NHS.

The same woman who believes that female prisoners should be chained to their beds whilst they give birth.

The very same Ann Widdecombe who doesn’t actually believe in the NHS, or any of the underlying principles that caused it to come into being.

And she’s given this platform by the BBC, a wonderful example of a public service hated by Tories and threatened with extinction unless it toes the line.

Seriously, they’ll be giving Michael Portillo his own programme next, despite his record as the biggest hypocrite the Tories have produced in living memory……..

somafunk

Meh, she’ll either be in the hands of the nhs or the undertaker soon enough, not worth fretting about.

tdog
    Free Member

I was under belief that Tory voters love a freebie for all their cough bs cough hard paid tax cough bs.

like Soma points out, she’ll no doubt dissapear wayyyyy before anything is changed to NHS.

martinhutch

Seriously, they’ll be giving Michael Portillo his own programme next,

<makes confused face>

Surely you’ve spotted the wild trousers on your tellybox?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I think that was possibly the essence of the joke…

martinhutch

Portillo is no joking matter.

poly
    Free Member

I didn’t watch the programme properly but it was on in the background whilst I was doing something else.  I’m no fan of Mrs Widdecome nor her politics. However putting in an NHS superfamily politician was not going to have any useful learning it would simply reinforce their belief that the NHS was great and the problem was political.

AW made a number of quite open statements which I’d have though her haters would have respected/had trouble arguing with:

– targets are generating bad practice and clinicians should be left to make clinical decisions in the best interest of patients.

– all political parties like to chuck a little extra money at the NHS and hope that it’s back in the hands of the other side when it truly goes wrong.

– some of the biggest issues she saw (she was responsible for “bed management”) were not fundamentally those of the NHS they were social care problems (not surprisingly).  Interestingly, and your view on this may differ, she did seem to point the finger a bit at the public/families of those in hospital who were delaying their departure.  I’m not sure I completely agree with that, but at the same time I am sure many of them are vocal complainers about the state of the NHS, and quite possibly her former target voters!

I may have missed it, but I didn’t hear her making any suggestion that the issues were fundamentally vested in ownership/management/control of the NHS, or trying to push a political agenda.

DezB
    Free Member

Surely you’ve spotted the wild trousers on your tellybox?

Of course he has. Is as shocked by the acceptance of this arsehole as I am and was being humorous.

MoreCashThanDash

I agree with poly – despise her political record but her willingness to speak out about what she experienced and identify wider issues impacting the nhs was good to watch

bikebouy
    Free Member

Good to watch yes, MOAR effective if she wore a sequin dress and some dance my shoes.

She has a right to speak out, good to hear a slight change in stance on her thoughts of 10yrs ago. Maybe she’s mellowed out a bit after having he face splattered all over the red tops a few years ago.

cyclesouthwest
    Free Member

interesting that the swear-filter doesn’t apply to thread titles: https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ann-****-widdecombe-on-the-bbc/

bikebouy
    Free Member

Portillo is no joking matter.

This made me LOL.

Cougar

interesting that the swear-filter doesn’t apply to thread titles

True, but we can edit them manually now.  Well spotted.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ann **** Widdecombe on the BBC…..’ is closed to new replies.