Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ankle braces
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

I’ve done some damage to my ankle and am looking for something to support it while it recovers by preventing it from rolling over etc.

Been looking at Ankle braces like the 661 Race Brace

Anyone used one or know a different type they’d like to recommend? How do they feel when riding in them?

househusband

GW on this forum uses one – am not sure if his email addy is in his profile; he may see this thread anyway.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

GW? is that his name or an abbreviation?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

661 race brace works for me. I have 2 so wife can wash one while I wear one. They feel a bit strange when you start riding with them but you soon forget about it.

If you are near Southampton you can try my clean one for a trial ride if you want.

alwyn
    Free Member

I use that exact one, it’s a bit bulky but I’ve had some serious ankle damage. It’s super stable especially on jumps / drops. I would recommend.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

OK, is it worth getting two just to protect the good ankle?

WCA – Not expecting to be near Southhampton soon – but if I am can I try the dirty one???!!!!

jedi

bushwackeed. stirrup tape your ankle.works better

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Not sure how to do it so gonna get a brace to make life easier – can you show me on Sunday so I know for the future?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

tape it like jedi says

don’t wear a brace for too long, a far better way of helping your ankle is to (you might look a bit silly) stand on one leg as much as possible!

i’ve had the 661 brace and it did more harm than good, the plastic inserts are uncomfortable and just caused pain elsewhere

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Yep – doing the flamingo thing!

stuey
    Free Member

Hi BW my buddy used Ebay gel air brace

Then wobble board all the way.

GW
    Free Member

I can’t ride without one – although my injury wasn’t my ankle it was my foot (smashed). – nearly a year in plaster, couple of years of physio and still gives me greif. it’s luck that the 661 brace works so well TBH (combined with Ibuprofen) – think the strapping sounds far more appropriate for your injury too.

jedi

get a swede brace if you must wear one.i show you taping on sunday

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered one… I suppose I’ll see how it works – if it doesn’t I’ll try the tape.

Got a problem where when I land on it I keep injurying it, not necessarily rolling it over just heavy impacts. Mainly when I’m landing and put my foot down to steady me. Last time I did it I felt it go and it was just I landed slightly off balance.

Physio confirmed a brace would assist while it is healing – so going to give it a go.

Got two days of riding coming up Sunday and Tuesday and want to make sure I can ride both!!

Thanks for the comments – very much welcome.

Jedi – see you Sunday for some Interaction!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ankle braces’ is closed to new replies.