Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • animal rights activists = terrorist, right?
  • kimbers

Was shocked to read that some people on here actualy defend these scumbags

Peaceful protesting all very well but digging up the boddies of grannies, death threats, vandalising properties and cars banging drums outside institutes for 8hrs a day every day

People who experiment on animals arent doing it out of sadistic cruelty, they are doing it because they want to treat and cure illness and disease

grumm
    Free Member

How many animal rights activists actually dig up dead bodies do you think?

they are doing it because they want to treat and cure illness and disease

What about cosmetics? Also new medicines are very lucrative so its not exactly totally altruistic.

enfht
    Free Member

If I were a ferret I’d probaly agree that Animal Rights Activists are terrorists. The mink they’ve “liberated” are right evil bast*ards and generally kill anything on sight regardless if they want to eat it or not. Can’t be nice being a ferret hidding away from waves of placard-waving Jihadist Mink !!! Anyone wanna buy a beagle?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Grumm, one has at least and that is one too many.

kimbers

link

well just these 3 but they are still scum

most cosmetics are animal testing free these days simply because they dont use any new chemicals theyve tested them alll already

true medicine is big business but this is capitalism, i can think of several massive government or charity institutions that have large animal testing facilities, they make no profits from their work

sootyandjim
    Free Member

One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter.

Nelson Mandella was considered a terrorist once upon a time and some still consider him in a similar light to those ex-IRA members who now are MP’s.

grumm
    Free Member

But you are still taking an example of a tiny minority of the animal rights movement and applying it to the whole thing. I’m sure there are extremists out there but how many really?

You could make all sorts of other silly generalisations based on such limited examples, eg Haringey is full of child-murderers.

Junkyard
    Free Member

think you are making the mistake like many do with muslims. YES some muslims (and animal rights protestors) are indeed terrorists. but very very very few.
    Cruelty is cruelty whoever or whatever you inflict it on … your motives may be honurable but if you were inflicting it on me I doubt I would care what your motives were I would just notice that it was painful / uncomfortable / unpleasant a. Certainly we could not do this to humans and certainly animals feel pain therefore some people feel very strongly about this and view it as torture and murder of animals. Some people think it is ok.

kimbers

you are probably right grumm

i should just reclass them as ignorant hypocrites

unless they are vegan hermits who eschew all modern medicines from paracetamol to herceptin or even blood transfusions

i think a real problem is that donating to any animal rights group there is a risk you may be funding terrosim eg ALF, SHAC

andym
    Free Member

Hitler was a vegetarian therefore all vegetarians want to invade Poland?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Isn’t it a matter of “Pull the plank out of your own eye before taking the splinter out of mine” ? Governments indulge in industrial level terrorism, so until you’ve sorted USA,GB,Israel,Indonesia etc you might as well forget the tiny pinprick organisations like Al Qaeda and animal rights

Kuco

These are the terrorist of animal activist
    http://www.animalliberationfront.com/

sootyandjim
    Free Member

andym – Hitler liked dogs and children so therefore all dogs and children are Nazis.

I like this game.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Children like sweets. All sweets are Nazis.

Are Pear Drops the Herman Goering of the sweet world?

conkerman
    Free Member

Anyone who puts animals ahead of people needs their bumps read.

Not sure I need to say more.

Conks,

(Who quite likes animals)

MrNutt
    Free Member

do the vegans out rank the vegetarians? are they all controlled by a council of fruitarians and a higher chapter of yogic windfallists?

Dibs
    Free Member

Pain is pain human or animal !!!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Peaceful protesting all very well but digging up the boddies of grannies, death threats, vandalising properties and cars banging drums outside institutes for 8hrs a day every day

This seesm to be a slightly arbitrary list.

I agree that threats to kill and digging up dead bodies are plausibly “terrorism”. I am sceptical that keying someone’s car ever gets into the category of terrorist violence, and banging a drum clearly fits within “peaceful protest”. Presumably only a small proportion of people who like gerbils more than lipstick and are willing to bang a drum to prove it go on to exhume a rotting corpse of a vivisectionist’s mother and hide it over the issue.

I’d say banging the drum is quite a good point at which to stop, but hey.

🙂

avdave2

History is written by the winners so we’ll have to wait a while before we know who’s who.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’d say banging the drum is quite a good point at which to stop

Seems a good way to look at it. Protest, make some noise, make you point, but don’t step over the line.

Steelfreak
    Free Member

I once knew a ‘hunt saboteur’ who kept ferrets and regularly went rabbiting (and no, he couldn’t see the irony!)… I think he just needed a trendy cause to give his life meaning (or something).

hora
    Free Member

Cruelty to animals. They always say ‘treated like a dog’ to describe maltreatment.
    The animal testers don’t have to to test on animals. They can work somewhere else in medicine right? Oh I get it, the money is very good in animal research?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I once knew a ‘hunt saboteur’ who kept ferrets and regularly went rabbiting (and no, he couldn’t see the irony!)

What irony? Uses ferret to kill rabbits (I admit, it’s possibly not quite the most humane method of bunny slaughter, but an ancient and traditional one) for food, V chasing an animal to it’s death, purely for sport, and to reinforce class status..

Hmm…

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

People who experiment on animals arent doing it out of sadistic cruelty, they are doing it because they want to treat and cure illness and disease

No, sorry – I cannot agree with that – they must have something wrong with them to do that type of job, makes me sick!

There’s no need for it at all. No-one normal or with any sort of compassion would be able do a job like that out of choice.

I’d rather work in the bike industry!

Steelfreak
    Free Member

You make too many assumptions, Rudeboy. He did it because he enjoyed it…

Nico
    Free Member

A terrorist is somebody that induces terror in a civilian population in order to de-stabilise the political situation and seize power.

So, obsessive, fundamentalist, scary, and nasty. But not terrorists.

hora
    Free Member

Sorry thats rubbish. Theres a whole industry around the breeding/supplying, storing and transporting of said animals to and from the labs. Alot of people involved- not just a few people in white coats who are paid well.

lister-hooded
    Free Member

No, sorry – I cannot agree with that – they must have something wrong with them to do that type of job, makes me sick!

There’s no need for it at all. No-one normal or with any sort of compassion would be able do a job like that out of choice.

I’d rather work in the bike industry!

Err …… correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t you used to be LABRAT, who did work in a research lab for 12 years ????

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Oh, sh*t – yeah, forgot that…

Thoroughly good chaps then – every last one! Great sport…

😈

Poindexter
    Free Member

Terrorists or freedom fighters, they’d go hungry in Japan…

Fast Food

conkerman
    Free Member

Cor, theres some crap being spoken tonight!

Anyone who puts animals before people seems a bit close to sociopathy to me.

The white coat wearers don’t get paid much.

The bulk of cosmetics and components are not tested on animals (or may not have been for the last 20 years or so)

The Japanese are still into animal testing, and the wording and definitions are pretty slippery.

I have absolutely no problem with testing medicines on animals. People or animals. As long as as much case as possible is taken to ensure as pleaseant as possible life and death (considering the constraints imbues by why they are there in the first place). I have seen and know people in these facilities and they are not monsters, and they do whatever possible to treat the creatures with respect. Batery chickens and turkeys will be treated worse.

Terrorists, no. Criminals, Definately.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I once knew a ‘hunt saboteur’ who kept ferrets and regularly went rabbiting (and no, he couldn’t see the irony!)

Did he derive a sick pleasure from it?

Mind, I reckon there would be some sense of satisfaction in hunting. Instinctive. Part of our psyche, which is suppressed in our ‘polite society’. S’why so many young men want to fight, probbly.

Fox hunting is just wrong, though. No purpose, other than for some inadequate folk to feel powerful.

I see fox hunting as similar to football hooliganism. Still people venting natural aggression, in a negative and counter-productive manner. Just different classes.

MoreCashThanDash

I appreciate the right to lawfully protest, but a mate of mine and his kids, have been terrorised by these fanatics for years as he works at Huntingdon Life – bunch of dangerous, sick lunatics, like any terrorist

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Go on Rudeboy – keep fighting that class war, power to the people, up the Tooting popular front…

🙄

RudeBoy
    Free Member

You been let out? On parole? Got yer tag on?

Stay away from that playground, eh?
    😉

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Oh well one has recently been locked up for a while!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7885687.stm

A few have been getting sent down recently.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Sorry rudeboy – been too busy trying to crack your wifi encryption:

kimbers

the money is not very good in animal research, anyone who says otherwise is talking bollox

and animal work is a vital part of medical research

no animal experiments, no new drugs, simple as

just wait to you get diagnosed with cancer, and a 3rd of us will,
    see if your compassion for animals is stronger than your desire for a few more years with the latest drugs

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Still stinging, Labby?

Don’t you have to go and sign some sort of ‘register’ or something?

Off you go…

juan
    Free Member

The animal testers don’t have to to test on animals. They can work somewhere else in medicine right?

Once again I think you should have kept you mouth shut…

That prove how very little knowledge you have about science. Any lab will look to an alternative to animal testing due to the high costs and the numerous H&S issues.

However there is time where you can’t do without. Unless you do human testing…

In such case I’ll be happy to test on you.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘animal rights activists = terrorist, right?’ is closed to new replies.