Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • angleset for tapered integrated headset?
  • el_boufador

Hello, does such a thing exist? If so where can i buy one? Ta 🙂

el_boufador

Anyone?

timmys

Have you looked through this lot?

http://www.workscomponents.co.uk/full-headsets—most-common-sizes-10-c.asp

Apologies if you have. Can’t say I’ve managed to work it out myself – I’d be interested in a 44mm headtube / tapered fork set but still not sure if they exist!

MSP

It might be that a standard upper cup is recommended in order to allow space for the angle change. I would email WC to see what they recommend.

maxtorque

I’d like one for my 2013 Zesty, but i also can’t really work out what i need to ask for! 😉

timmys

I’ve found this Hope document best for understanding the gazillions of headset standards;

http://cdn.hopetechnology.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/HOPE-HEADSET-FITTING-CHART.pdf

From that I know I need a ZS44/28.6 at the top and EC44/40 at the bottom – which doesn’t seem to tally with anything on the WC site, even though 44mm headtube + tapered fork must be very common. Regarding emailing them, Mr WC is a one man band and has posted on here recently saying he just can’t handle the number of emails he gets.

MSP

My new frame (SC highball alu)recommends a ZS44/28.6 EC49/40 combination.

When I contacted WC they recommended EC44/EC49, you gain a bit of stack height on the top headset cup, but they need that to slacken it off properly.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I’ve got a works componants head set -1.0 in my 2013 zesty me and works struggled at first because lapierre changed size for the lower cup for 2013 but it’s been fine since

duir
    Free Member

They don’t do ZS top cups only EC to accommodate the angle/bearing. You end up with an extra 11mm stack height and a bike that rides miles better.

Funny how many bikes have a zero stack headsets but the rider has to add spacers or higher rise bars to compensate. This headset saves on a couple of spacers but doesn’t look as trendy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘angleset for tapered integrated headset?’ is closed to new replies.