Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Angina
  • white101

Been having some tests over the last few weeks for a rather racy heart rate whilst riding. Got to have an echocardiogram next month and a CT scan to check fully whats causing the problems but the early suggestion is its angina. Sometimes I could ride for an hour before the pain would come on but quite often 100mtrs would do the job.I can pootle round on a 10 miler on the mountain bike or 40 miles on the road and my HR was averaging 155-165.

Hoping it’s just going to be a lifetime of tablets rather than a stent. Bored stiff not riding right now.

qwerty
    Free Member

Stents resolve issues, medications mask them. IANAD

scotroutes

One of my girlfriends told me she had acute angina.

I thought it looked more like a badly packed kebab.

iainc

Recently gone through similar and am 2 months into a lifetime of tablets. It’s not so bad and a lot better being on preventative meds to reduce the likelihood of a heart attack !

Superficial
    Free Member

I spend a lot of my working life dispelling this sort of perception. It’s tempting to think that way but it’s wrong 90% of the time (see COURAGE trial). Not that stents are a bad thing (in the right circumstances they are a great tool), but the idea that they remove a problem is flawed. IAACardiologist 😉

OP: it sounds like possibly AF from your brief description. Good luck with the tests – I hope you get some answers / solutions.

footflaps

Ever stopped and wondered why the stent was needed in the first place?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Angina’ is closed to new replies.