Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Andy Gill, Gang of Four sadly deceased.
  • CountZero

Oh hell, this isn’t a good start to the year. ☹️

Andy Gill, guitarist and founding member of Gang of Four, has died aged 64

RIP, Andy, you’ll be greatly missed.

DezB
    Free Member

Oh man. Hard to know what to say. My absolute favourite ever guitarist. GUTTED. Stunned.

DezB
    Free Member

funkmasterp

Great band

rogerturner

Another sad loss. I bought a particular guitar amp when I was a teenager because I liked his sound.

CountZero

With DezB on this, such a distinctive style, instantly recognisable, and a hugely influential band. Sadly, I never had the opportunity to see them.
    Not a good day.

Digby

Very sad loss … his style was a massive influence on me and many of the bands I like growing up.
    🙁

gordimhor

Sad news indeed.  Gang of four made a good job of “mixing pop and politics”.  Perhaps better than Billy Bragg.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve got an LP or it might be a 12inch EP / single or something, but never got into them (maybe I bought the wrong material). The 3 Johns appeared to have the same fan base, who I was a big fan of. Also never got into red lorry yellow lorry (I also have LP or other) who appeared to be in the same fan camp as well.

gordimhor

DezB
    Free Member

@B.A.Nana – weird post there. This isn’t a what did you think of Go4? thread. One of the founder member just died, yeah?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Sorry I’m on the Maisel Wiesse

DezB
    Free Member

Fair enough, should’ve been obvious 😉

jamj1974

RIP.

senorj

Awesome guitarist.

gecko76

Brilliant band with brilliant songs and unique guitar work. I got into them via Nick Harper of all people, saw them play about ten years ago and it was a great gig.

Return The Gift is worth checking out.

RIP.

CountZero

Return The Gift is worth checking out.

It certainly does, great album.

gecko76

6Music tribute

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000dzs7

Following the passing of Andy Gill, we collate a listener led playlist dedicated to Gang Of Four and their influence on Post Punk.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Andy Gill, Gang of Four sadly deceased.’ is closed to new replies.