Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Android phone niggle. Any answers?
  • paul4stones

The power of google has solved one little fault but I can’t stop my Huawei Y300 from opening onto the messaging when it fires up. Doesn’t matter what it was on when shut down it goes back to messages when you start it again. Any ideas?

lovewookie

Sorry I don’t have an answer, but have you had a look on the xda or modaco forums?

paul4stones

That’s a whole different world. But no answers that are intelligible. Thanks though.

scaredypants

try using a different messaging app ?

paul4stones

I tried using Hangouts since that was on it anyway but couldn’t seem to make it the default. It still did the same anyway.

Bimbler
    Free Member

What happens if you uninstall all messaging apps?

clubber
    Free Member

Try and install the messaging app – I’m going to guess that it’s a Huawei one rather than the stock android one.

If that doesn’t work, try installing a different one and making that the default. I recommend handcent.

paul4stones

I can’t uninstall the default app, probably a Huawei one, it won’t let me. Also I can’t see how to change the default messaging app. It doesn’t look like any of the screens on any ‘how to’ things on the web.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Can you go into Settings and Force Stop the app, as well as clearing its cache?

Cougar

It’s a while since I did it, but from memory installing another app will (may) Wizard you through disabling the previous one.

I use GoSMS; other apps are available.

muggomagic

Isn’t the default messaging option only available on kitkat? You can use another messaging app, but just disable notifications for the huawei version. Probably not going to help if it keeps opening the app as it’ll still be there.
    I’ve found in the past with android that often the only way to cure these little niggles is to start from scratch by resetting the phone to its original out of box state.

paul4stones

Hmm. Not sure I can be bothered to reset it. I’ve now got Hangouts running alongside too if that matters. Hangouts is really slow to fire up – what’s the benefit of that? At least I can uninstall that.

Anyway, thanks for your help, I’ll probably live with it for now if there’s no easy fix.

sadexpunk

youve got some brains on the case, so not sure my idea wouldnt have been thought of if it was viable, but is there any value to changing your launcher? and setting that as default launcher?

paul4stones

Ah, found how to force stop and clear data but that hasn’t solved it. There’s also an option to disable so I can use some of those other apps but I guess it will still appear if it’s there at all.

How do I change the launcher?

sadexpunk

download apex or nova laucher from play store. hopefully when it boots up itll ask you which one you want as default, so pick the new one?

you can always change it back or uninstall if you dont get on with it. worth a try?

paul4stones

Well it seems to be fixed. Wish I knew how!

Thanks all.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Android phone niggle. Any answers?’ is closed to new replies.