Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Android – Moving apps to another device
  • craigxxl
    Free Member

I need a free app that is no longer available to download on Google Play. A colleague has it is on their phone. Is there a way to copy it onto mine.

woody2000

Probably. Use some kind of back up tool/file manager on your colleagues phone, one that will back up an app as an APK. Transfer that APK file to your phone and install it – you might need to allow unknown sources or something in your settings.

PrinceJohn
    nemesis
    Free Member

Yes. Download app backup & restore on your friend’s phone. Backup the app. the find it in the folder (usually in a folder called ‘backup’) – it’ll be a .apk file. Then just email or transfer in some other way to your phone.

Once it’s downloaded to your phone, you can just tap on it and it’ll load it (you’ll need to tick the ‘install from unknown sources’ option in setting but android will take you there if you haven’t)

Cougar

Google “[name of app] APK”. This should find a download to the installer if you’re lucky.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Thanks all. I now have the app up and running on my phone. Too long using iPhones and I thought it would be much more difficult than that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Android – Moving apps to another device’ is closed to new replies.