Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Android media player – which one?
  • RustySpanner

For playing music files stored on the phone/sd card?

Free/ad free if possible…….

It’s for Mrs S’s Moto G, had no idea it came without one.

Thanks in advance…..

windyg
    Free Member

I use Blackplayer covers everything I need and free

scotroutes

Does the Moto G not have Youtube Music installed? That will play device files.

mattyfez

Poweramp is worth a look.
    I like it because it’s got a really good built in EQ.
    Download the free version to test it out, but if you like it the paid unlocked version is the full version. Think it was about £7 last time I checked… A long time ago.

nickjb
    Free Member

I use VLC. Plays pretty much everything and it’s good for playing from folders. It’s supposedly a video player but it plays audio just fine. Free and ad free

RustySpanner

Ta, will try those suggestions.

However, having problems transferring the music files to the phone atm!

God, I hate technology…..

Cougar

+1 for Poweramp. I liked it so much that I bought the app, in a really crap Victor Kiam sort of fashion.

Cougar

However, having problems transferring the music files to the phone atm!

Connect phone to PC. Drag, drop.

RustySpanner

That’s what I’ve always done before, but the phone isn’t appearing on the Windows Media Player Sync window.

Phone connected via cable and Bluetooth.

nickjb
    Free Member

It needs to be in usb transfer mode. Sometimes it defaults to something else like charging only. There should be an option in settings. The wife’s Moto is a bit flakey for this.

RustySpanner

Ah, cheers, think I’ve got it now!

twistedpencil

Poweramp +1 here. It’s great. Well worth paying for.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Winamp, it really kicks the lama’s ass

mattyfez

full version of poweramp is actually only £4 at the moment.
    You have to download the free version, and then if you want, download and pay for the full version unlock.

But then you’ve got it forever, as long as you have the same google account.

welshfarmer

+1 for poweramp. One of only 3 fully paid for apps on my phone. Had it for so long and so many phones now I can’t remember what it cost, but it wasn’t much. Only complaint is that the shuffle function is a bit meh and it doesn’t seem that random or deep, meaning it seems to work its way through about 5 folders at a time before moving on to another block of folders, Plus there are a whole lot of songs I know are on the phone that I don’t think it has ever played for me on random shuffle. Yet if I choose those songs manually it plays them fine.

Fat-boy-fat

Is poweramp voice compatible with Android Auto? Still lamenting the loss of Google Play Music and using VLC player at the moment (which isn’t voice command compatible ).

kayla1
    Free Member

Another VLC user here- it’s free and is ad-free (important!) I have to put my moto into usb transfer mode each time I connect it to the computer too, it took me ages to work that one out (imagine a chimp working out how to use a rock as a tool…) 🤣

5plusn8
    Free Member

Cougar
    +1 for Poweramp. I liked it so much that I bought the app, in a really crap Victor Kiam sort of fashion.

You own the Poweramp Software and all its revenue? Are you married?

Cougar

Fool. 😁

eskay

Musicolet is a great freebie with no adds

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.

How To Wash Your Clothes in the Wil...
Singletrack Video Archive: How To Wash Your Clothes in the Wild (Survivalist Guide)