Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Android backup and restore software / apps?
  • downshep

Moving from an HTC Sensation to a Samsung S3. Need to back up vital stuff like Angry Birds high scores and contacts lists from old phone to PC before installing in new phone.

Have tried GCloud and Helium (Carbon) without much success. Any recommendations for a simple to use and reliable method of backing up and transferring files between phones?

scotroutes

Share your contact lists with google and they’ll just sync when you set up your new phone.

downshep

Yep, I understand that’ll do the job for contacts known to my gmail account. Presumably, fb will be the same as it too is based online. The bit I’m worried about is all that stuff stored inside the phone that needs to be backed up somewhere else in a format that can be retrieved and loaded onto the new phone.

w1zard
    Free Member

Titanium Backup or My Backup.

Both work best with root though, you might struggle to backup app data without having a rooted phone.

downshep

New phone under warranty, can’t really root it, not that I’d know how! Really can’t understand why this is so difficult.

stumpy01

Think I used one called mybackup and it worked fine.
    I think there is a tick list of things that you want to back up…
    Just check it does games data, as I wasn’t bothered about that aspect of it.

w1zard
    Free Member

I know what you mean. It’s why I’ve ended up rooting my last two phones (one of which is an S3).

No idea why they make it so difficult – it’s a very common thing to want to do.

Try MyBackup Pro anyway, it will do some stuff even if it doesn’t have root.

downshep

Thanks, will try that. Ma heid’s burstin’!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Android backup and restore software / apps?’ is closed to new replies.