Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Android -> Android data transfer – web apps?
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Get a new phone arriving tomorrow, and need to transfer over my files etc – contacts, photos, spotify downloads (?!) etc.
    Did some googling, and MobileTrans and Syncios seem to pop up, with one-click data transfers.
    Is this the best way? bear in mind I literally have no clue, and want the simplest system possible, that’ll take the least time and effort.

Going from Sansung S7 to Huawei P20 Pro if it makes a difference.

Cougar

If it’s synced to your Google account most of it should copy across for you. Plus it’s all backed up anyway right? Where you’re going to need software is if you want things like SMSes transferring.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve used SMS Backup & Restore …. works well.

Spotify downloads? Install Spotify and download again
    Photo’s? Are you putting them on Google Photos?
    Contacts? Are they actually on your phone or with Google?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

never backed anything up!! 😬

Spotify downloads? Install Spotify and download again – Ah yep, makes sense
    Photo’s? Are you putting them on Google Photos? – nope, but i guess that should be a prob
    Contacts? Are they actually on your phone or with Google? – er, no idea!

I’m not very good at this tech stuff 😅

munkster
    Free Member

I paid for and used Titanium Backup years ago. It backed up literally everything it seemed. No doubt other things do the same, this was going back well over 7 or 8 years I’m sure.

Cougar

Titanium Backup was the recommended weapon of choice over on XDA for years (I didn’t mention it earlier as I couldn’t remember the name of it).

bungle

Huawei’s Phone Clone app should be on the new phone. Get it from the App store for the old one

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Android -> Android data transfer – web apps?’ is closed to new replies.