Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Android 10 notifications
  • flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Traded in my old Samsung s7 for an s20 and have noticed I don’t get any notifications pop up on the lock screen any more.

In WhatsApp setting under notifications, it says pop up notifications are no longer available in your version of Android.

Looks to be an Android thing rather than a Samsung thing.

Anyone else had this issue? And any workarounds?

cp

Aren’t pop up notifications the things that smear across the middle of the screen when you’re using other apps?

Sounds like you need to change the security settings of the lock screen to show sensitive content.

God knows where Samsung will have hidden that, but on plain Pixel android it’s settings -> privacy -> lock screen

retro83
    Free Member

Have a look under Edge Lighting in settings, when enabled that will do two things. First it lights up the edge of the screen the colour of the app’s icon, secondly it displays a popup with the contents of the message for about 5 seconds. Being samsung there’re about a thousand permutations you most likely won’t want to use.

Jamze
    flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Thanks for the info and link.
    I’ve sort of got it working but a bit miffed at the WhatsApp pop up notification still missing where you can reply to messages without unlocking your phone

sharkbait
    Free Member

where you can reply to messages without unlocking your phone

Android 10 on my OnePlus and I can do this – so not an android thing.

DickBarton

I think Andriod 10 introduced new ‘security’ measures for app notifications…I think in some setting somewhere you can select what they do/show – I think by default they only show the app rather than the message. Something to do with increased privacy.

On a Sony device, Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Configure Notifications – it then allows you to select the type of notifications and whether or not sensitive content is shown.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Android 10 notifications’ is closed to new replies.