Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Andorra Skiing Options
  • stonemonkey
    Free Member

Looking at Andorra for skiing probably Grandvalira area- any recommendations on which village or accommodation much appreciated.

Thanks

pedlad

It’s been a few years but I always preferred soldier centre compared to el tartar

toby1

Pas for the party scene?

In honesty I went there my first year (about 8 years back), I would recommend avoiding most of it 🙂 Soldeu if I were to go back.

dove1

I’d go for Soldeu if I went to Andorra again. Stayed in El Tartar last time in a Pierre et Vacances place. It was a lovely apartment but El Tartar is very small and we ended up catching the bus around to Soldeu for the evening a couple of times.
    Great skiing in Andorra though.

andeh

We’ve booked a cheap hotel/flight combo in Encamp this year, we’ll get the big Funicamp lift and plop out in the middle of the ski area. From what I see, looks like a sizeable little town.

Had a day in Soldeu last year, it’s quite a small place and the bar we went in was full of nobheads.
    Actually, scratch that! We parked up in Soldeu but my mate got lost and we had to pick him up from El Tartar, which was small and the bar was full of nobheads.

Skiing was lovely though.

cb

First ever ski trip was to Soldeu. £339 quid for everything apart from beer!

The bars were definately full of **** though, us included! Pretty sure a landslide took a few of the bars out a few years later. Looks like all new lifts from town centre now, rickety old two man thing we had to use with people at the top to drag you off as the damn thing didn’t slow down!

cezza168
    Free Member

If you want lots of stuff to do in the evening then stay in Pas. Quieter hotels up above the town centre with a handy cut through to the slopes.

Soldeu is quieter and pricier.

If you want solitude in the evening and feeling rich – Grau Roig

Loads to ski at in Gran Valira.

Cezza

jimdubleyou

Been to Soldeu a few times – 11-12 years ago, was great, transfers a bit long.

bombjack
    Free Member

Been to Andorra quite a few time over the years. Yes the transfers are long, and the drink isnt quite as cheap as it once was, but the skiing around Pas / Soldeu is still good, its fairly snow sure, and there’s a wide range of accom to stumble back to after some dirty shots and pizza.
    TBH I’d go for Pas, even if its at the end of the lift system so-to-speak. Better nightlife options and loads of places to stay. Easy to go high off the 1st lift, then head down into the lower resorts if the weather is in.
    On the other hand, I’d avoid Arinsal / Pal as you need to take the bubble up to mid station and when I went the queue was mahoosive.
    Enjoy!

ads678

Yeah as above really, Tarter and Soldeu are pretty much the same place but tarter is very small and doesn’t have much in terms of bars/restaurants. Soldeu is nice but is also pretty small in term of Alps resorts. And was full of rich Russians last time I went.

Pas de le casa deffo has more bars, eateries and shops (the shops are great, bargain clothes) but is a seriously ugly place. Skiing is great in the Grand valira area though.

Arinsal I thought was really nice, but wouldn’t want to go there for a full week.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Andorra Skiing Options’ is closed to new replies.