• This topic has 173 replies, 67 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by thols2.
Viewing 14 posts - 161 through 174 (of 174 total)
  • Andor
  • nickc

Troubled.

Andor is supposed to be set at the very beginning of the Rebellion, and yet at the very end…well I won’t spoil it. So we’re now to assume that all the events of the rebellion that is depicted in Ep4 – that it is in fact rather than a desperate group of rag-tag individuals, but an army with a command structure, weaponry, and all that goes along with that happen in between the ending of Andor and Ep4?

I think I’m complaining that yet again the need to supply nerds with easter eggs – in this case the things that they’re building in prison are linked to something else…Really I don’t care about what they’re were building, it’s unimportant. The constant urge that the makers of these series feel that they must signal to a group of nerds living in the parents basements really really gets in the way of telling decent stories.

The-Beard

It feels like the one bit of Star Wars that’s properly grown up. Best thing that’s come out of the Star Wars universe since the original trilogy for me.

oopnorth

Troubled.

Andor is supposed to be set at the very beginning of the Rebellion, and yet at the very end…well I won’t spoil it. So we’re now to assume that all the events of the rebellion that is depicted in Ep4 – that it is in fact rather than a desperate group of rag-tag individuals, but an army with a command structure, weaponry, and all that goes along with that happen in between the ending of Andor and Ep4?

Andor is meant to be set 5 years out from Rogue One / Episode 4, so I see this as either a flash forward so that we understand what the parts in the prison were being used for, ultimately the thing that kills Andor. Or that it is just an external shell at this point and needs a number of years for it’s internal fit out.

Really enjoyed this series.

chakaping
    Free Member

Meh, just pretend you didn’t see the silly Marvel easter egg bit.

The episode was a fine end to an awesome series.

But was it just me that wondered how he found and got to Stellan Skarsgard’s ship?

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

He parked it in the same place as the time he picked andor up from ferrix. When andor saw him there he knew where to go to his ship.

Really great series, enjoyed it hugely.

a11y

That was bloody brilliant. I purposefully avoided opening this discussion as we were late into it then binge-watched up to ep8, then had to wait and watch the last few week by week. Best series of the lot so far.

Need to go back and read this discussion now…

ads678

Cracking end to the series. Can’t wait for the next.

Slow start, but was more me not really getting what it was all about until about half way through….I’d completely forgotten Andor was in Rogue one!! All suddenly made sense once I realized and I realized what they were making as well. Don’t think we really needed the Easter egg at the end.

anagallis_arvensis

Just caught up with the last episode, fantastic overall a great series I thought. Hints at enough grown up stuff to keep adults in and still let kids watch…

matt_outandabout

Very good.
    Intriguing ending.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Troubled.

Testing and commisioning, space trials, crew training, platform integration, human/alien factors assessments. Bet its an arsehole of a job getting a star destroyer into active sevice, nevermind a death star

MoreCashThanDash

Intriguing ending.

I was a bit befuddled by the ending, to be honest. Was wondering if there was 5 minutes they’d forgotten to edit in.

fossy

The Empire was there all along building stuff – storm troopers were about. The local enforcing lot probably joined/got zapped. All along there was some serious kit already there – the tractor beam ship ?

Loved it.

kelvin

Early on in the season it was announced that the private local enforcing lot on Ferrix were to be replaced by direct control by the Empire, with forces on the ground.

thols2
    Free Member

I enjoyed it, much better than the other spin-offs.

Viewing 14 posts - 161 through 174 (of 174 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.