Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 201 total)
  • Andor
  • anagallis_arvensis

First two episodes show promise

MoreCashThanDash

Is it out already? I’m not a huge Star Wars fan but interested in this one

ta11pau1

First 3 episodes out today.

1 down, a decent start!

squirrelking
    Free Member

Will be watching, just not tonight.

anagallis_arvensis

Yep, three episodes released today…it might be the ‘darker’ grittier series people keep moaning about wanting on here…then again I expect they will still mian!

nwgiles

Stick to it, the 3rd is where the magic starts

daviek

Managed to watch all three tonight and enjoyed it. I think theres 18 episodes for the series?

stevious

ONe episode in and not a single Baby Yoda.
    I’m out.

midlifecrashes

Came here looking for Boolean logic problem solving.

/wanders back to XKCD

ta11pau1

Binged the first three episodes, yep this seems like it’s gonna be good.

Sgt Mosk does remind me of Fat Bastard from Austin Powers, though 🤣

ONe episode in and not a single Baby Yoda.
    I’m out.

I think I’m right in saying both Yoda and Grogu are alive when Andor takes place…

fossy

I see the guy from Corrie got popped off early. Watched two and a bit of three last night – slow start setting the scene on one and two – that would explain it if it’s a long series though.

barney
    Free Member

Got half an hour into the first one and gave up out of boredom. ‘Slow start’ seems to be a massive understatement 🤷

spacemonkey

‘Slow start’ seems to be a massive understatement

Slow as in Rings of Power slow?

fossy

I’d say so.

monkeyboyjc

Watched the first last night and thought “meh” 🤷‍♂️

But then thinking about it this am, if it were a regular sifi and didn’t have the StarWars stigma / brand I’d probably have enjoyed it more….  The writing style and story are a bit different.

barney
    Free Member

Slow as in Rings of Power slow?

I’d say even slower. YMMV. Lots of people looked very unhappy, though.

I mean, stuff clearly happened, but I’m unclear as to why, or why I should care.

MrPottatoHead

Well no surprises I thought its been great so far. No issues with the pacing, I’ll watch a Michael Bay movie if I want a 2 hour action fix.

I think some of you lot have made up your minds before the opening credits roll.

ta11pau1

Yeah I have no issues with a slow couple of episodes, they have to do some sort of character building stuff – gotta give people a reason to rebel if you want a rebellion! 🤣

monkeyboyjc

Its slow in comparison to all other StarWars series and films, but its taken from a different perspective to those and to give it credit its still entertaining.

anagallis_arvensis

gotta give people a reason to rebel if you want a rebellion!

Home planet strip mined into oblivion so it’s uninhabitable, sister lost to prostitution…….?

I didn’t find it slow

ta11pau1

Home planet strip mined into oblivion so it’s uninhabitable, sister lost to prostitution…….?

Yep, plus the dodgy shooting of that bloke…

“Yesss, let the hate flow through you…” 🤣

kelvin

[ doesn’t read thread ]

Enjoyed the first two. Very Rebels. Hopefully get to watch part three tonight. I’ll be sticking with it… but don’t think the whole family will be.

fossy

Episode 3 is really good. All kicks off. Love the factory scene.

MoreCashThanDash

gotta give people a reason to rebel if you want a rebellion

Best you don’t read the political threads on here….

ta11pau1

Best you don’t read the political threads on here….

Ha! I do try and stay away from them, to be fair 🤣

BenjiM

Bit slow and disjointed on the first couple of episodes. Third is an improvement anyone else spot the Karcher Patio cleaner sprayed black?

Anyway the scenery makes a change from sand!

kelvin

Watch all three together. All comes together in the third. I’m hooked.

dyna-ti

Not watched as yet but I’ll binge the first 3 later tonight.

For me its more about the scope of the sets as well as the continuing star wars theme. Other outings like the mandorian seemed to be based on one small set, and with the original it was always about a large variety of locations, planets and big sets etc

ta11pau1

anyone else spot the Karcher Patio cleaner sprayed black?

Nooooo, I was specifically looking out for the walking water butt! They’re definitely doing this on purpose! 🤣

BenjiM

Here you go! this one was pretty obvious as I’ve got one in the garage!

They used a Kärcher as a prop in Star Wars Andor S01E03 from Thatsabooklight

sargey

Just watched the first episode and found it hard to watch as most scenes are really dark.
    Is it me or does anyone else find gloomy?

jeffl

Oddly enough didn’t find the lighting too dark and our TV can struggle with dark scenes.

thols2

Not a big Star Wars fan, it’s mostly just kids’ stuff, but the first couple of episodes seemed decent. Not spectacular, but entertaining and cast is decent.

anagallis_arvensis

I thought episode 3 really good, I think it’s made a cracking start

kelvin

It is dark and hard to see on our TV. It is a sub 28”CRT though… I doubt the grading was down with our household in mind!

lister

Just binged the first 3 episodes. 2 happy fans here. Lots going on in mysterious and dark ways.

ta11pau1

Another cracking episode, lots of interweaving stories. Loving the variety in locations too, was trying to see if I could spot any scottish bits I recognise! 😁 Beats 26 episodes of Tatooine, that’s for sure!

stumpyjon

Yay, feels more Star Warsy now, imperials, storm troopers, tie fighters, Mon Mothma, speeder bikes and references to Mimban. Like.

timba
    Free Member

Loving the variety in locations too, was trying to see if I could spot any scottish bits I recognise!

No-one has taken a blaster to the midges yet, although the rebels seem to be armed with Khalashnikovs.
    I prefer the grim cities and wild camping, it fits with the feeling of rebellion more than the deserts and flashy bars of later films

anagallis_arvensis

Last night’s was quite good I thought. No massive events but it’s setting things up. I think the acting is very good and the contrast between Coruscent and the Scottish Glens was nice.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 201 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.