Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • And you thought getting an ArdRock ticket was tough!
  • Potdog
    Free Member

4 of us just spent 45 minutes across 7 devices trying to get a ticket for a gig at the O2 in October for my eldest daughter.

What a bloody joke. Had Ticketmaster say there saying we were queued. AXS had us in a waiting room, and before we were even out of the queue there were tickets on the resale areas for 10x the face value. The touts really need to be shut down, or gig goers need to stop buying overpriced resales and leave the touts out of pocket.

Anyway, we did eventually drop on one after one device got out of the AXS “Waiting Room”, but what a bloody job.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Some of the ‘tout’ resellers are owned by the major ticket sellers and the tickets are bulk ‘sold’ to them.

Jamie
    Free Member

The game is so rigged I would rather not go to any major concert. I know it’s cutting off your nose to spite your face, but **** ’em.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Potdog
    Free Member

It’s all very rigged. I’d love to see some big band walk out to 50 people sat at the back of a stadium while all the rest of the seats are empty in protest at the game the ticket sellers / resellers are playing.

Not that the band would care as they get their cash regardless.

DezB
    Free Member

Tickets for big gigs have gone absolutely crazy. Surely the bubble has to burst at some point.

Just seen Morrissey at the local Guildhall is charging £65. £65! 2500 people prepared to splash out £65 on that? It’s mental! And then touts charge into the £100s for them? I can’t fathom how a 2 hour gig can be worth that much to anybody.

swavis

“The game is so rigged I would rather not go to any major concert. I know it’s cutting off your nose to spite your face, but **** ’em.”

Very much this ^

jimdubleyou

I occasionally get pre-sale tickets via Amex.

It’s the only way I ever get anything these days as I’m not paying 10x face value for anybody…

Potdog
    Free Member

My daughter bought an O2 SIM just to get on the Priority thing. Then the other day they cancelled the O2 priority sales for this gig!

Anyone want a cheap SIM Card 😉

TM had 90 quid ticket up for 660 quid while we were still online waiting to be told it was sold out. Similar ticket on Getmein was 1170!!!!

Absolutely stupid.

DezB
    Free Member

Who was that for potdog?

Mbnut
    Free Member

Heard a few people lately talking about tickets and the fact they are paying from £300 to £1200 a ticket.

Big gigs are pretty impersonal occasions, I cannot see how spending so much on so little can be rewarding or satisfying.

I stick to a £25 limit where you normally end up chatting with some of the band’s in the bar…  Good for them, good for us and a surprising amount of mtb talk.

If it works out for them they drift away from us going to their gigs but it’s a great way of discovering some good bands.

Basically, I want a mosh pit and crowd surfing…

At 51 I should know better but it is a top night out and my 18 year old loves it.

DezB
    Free Member

Big gigs are pretty impersonal occasions, I cannot see how spending so much on so little can be rewarding or satisfying

Too right. As long as they get something to put on their Facebook page, it’s all worth it.

Bit young aren’t you Mbnut? 😉

scud
    Free Member

Found this for Stone Roses last year, tickets were £55 for Wembley, on sale at 9am on Ticketmaster, by 9.01 Ticketmaster owned “Get Me In” resale website had tickets for £250+.

What was annoying was that old school actual touts were selling them for face value outside.

I know the Government made noises about a crack down, but as usual nothing was ever done. Trouble is bands don’t make money from music sales these days, the cash i believe mostly comes from touring, yet these marked up tickets do not pay the bands anymore, just puts more money in the ticket sales company pockets

lucky7500

I’d love to see some big band walk out to 50 people sat at the back of a stadium while all the rest of the seats are empty in protest at the game the ticket sellers / resellers are playing.

Not that the band would care as they get their cash regardless.

Ed Sheeran is risking doing exactly that on his current tour.

These are worth a read for anyone interested in the whole issue.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44299981

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44251887

Edit, proper links.

lucky7500

edit to put proper link in

DezB
    Free Member

Trouble is bands don’t make money from music sales these days

Yeah, people always say that and it’s partly true – how ever it’s the already rich bastards who always charge the most!

Holy crap – £200 to see Ed Sheeran. Baffling.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Trouble is everyone gets all of their mates involved and setup on 10 different devices just to get 2 tickets, it clogs up the whole system!

PrinceJohn

Who is it for? Then we can judge her musical taste in the STW way.

whattiler
    Free Member

Pixies have put in anti tout measures for their residency at the Roundhouse. Unique ticket reference numbers, photo ID for the lead member and all ticket holders in a group must enter with the lead member. Re-sale tickets only on sale via one website and only at face value.

It can be done if there’s the will to do so.

bigjim

Even flight of the conchords tickets were on the site’s own resale section within a few seconds of going on sale for insane money, totally rigged.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Holy crap – £200 to see Ed Sheeran. Stupidity at best.

FIFM.

I tried to get some tickets to see John Mayer last time he was over here, what a complete PITA. I gave up knowing full well all the tickets were sold out by the time of release, then the touts got involved and the price went up from £55 to over £300…

Not a chance in hell, whilst I think he’s probably just worth that amount I’m not going to support a crooked industry whose only motive is to rip people off.

wrightyson
    Free Member

As above, more and more artists are demanding photo id of lead booker and that they must be present at point of entry for all tickets. It works, as I’ve witnessed it at two gigs. It’s down to the artists and they should be hugely encouraged (forced) to do it through pressure from their fans if nothing else!

Potdog
    Free Member

@dezb it was for some weird K-pop band. BTS?

In her defense she’s also studying Korean language.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘And you thought getting an ArdRock ticket was tough!’ is closed to new replies.