Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • And we let these responsible adults carry guns!
  • Speshpaul

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/8129826.stm

A truely Shocking failure of duty of care.

andywhit
    Free Member

We don’t let all of them carry guns.

But yes, what were they thinking ?

vinnyeh

A shocking story, yes. But what do guns have to do with it?

jova54
    Free Member

More to the point, we let these adults be responsible for dogs.

Speshpaul

Responsibility Vinny, or the lack of it.

midlifecrashes

Ah but Notts police have a habit of losing their guns and ammo too, falling out of vans on the motorway and the like.

CountZero

Maybe we should get the RSPCA to send them a bunch of those ‘Dogs die in hot cars’ stickers, or get the local radio station to dedicate a song, Godhopping, by Dogs Die In Hot Cars, just to get the point across. Morons.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

hang on a minute……………………….

Not wishing common sense to get in the way of a good lunch mob but is it not entirely possible someone made a mistake? Maybe someone passed someone the keys to the van at the end of the shift thinking they were going straight out. Maybe they poped in to pick up some paperwork and got stuck in a meeting. Maybe they were were doing their job and ened up chaseing some bike thief scum across some fields. Either way, im fairly sure they weren’t a pair od dog hateing gun toting hillbillies. When was the last time you slipped up at work?

kimbers

im with notaspoon you diont know the facts

as i understand it dog handlers are very close to their animals i imagine they are feeling a lot worse emotions than you sense of moral outrage right now

accidents happen, i wonder how many non police dogs have suffered that fate in the past week, and how many people for that matter

its still sad tho!

coffeeking
    Free Member

We dont know the facts, not fair to judge but I’d say “got stuck in a meeting” doesnt really cut it when lives are at stake.

Surprises me that dog handling vans are not fitted with climate control for the dog-end for just such an event.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Surprises me that dog handling vans are not fitted with climate control for the dog-end for just such an event.

Was watching Britiain’s Got Car Thieves (or whatever) last night and noted a plod-car with a big sticker on the side saying ‘Air conditioned for the animals’ welfare*’. But I guess that goes off with the ignition.

But what really surprises me was that it was outside a police station! So what on earth were all the police officers doing wandering back and forth completely unaware there were two dying dogs in a car!!!!

*There is a joke there, I’ll let someone else make it 😉

montylikesbeer

Old bill, bless them eh

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

im with notaspoon you diont know the facts

So? this is the all-new STW, no need for facts or knowledge. As long as we’ve got a daily mail and/or a headline from the bbc, we don’t need anything else
    hang ’em all i say and these damn johnny foreigner types.

chewkw
    Free Member

That police should be suspended … idiot!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I honestly don’t see how there could possibly be mitigating circumstances that police dog handlers could submit in defence. They are professionally trained people and should (as has been pointed out above) always put their dog’s welfare first.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I honestly don’t see how there could possibly be mitigating circumstances that police dog handlers could submit in defence.

How about dog handler is urgently called away elsewhere, ask the front-desk to make sure the dogs are taken back to the kennels. Front desk forgets.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

yes, and i should always get calculations right, but just occasionlay theres a slip up.

You cant say

I honestly don’t see how there could possibly be mitigating circumstances that police dog handlers could submit in defence

When you dont know the curcumstances mittigating or not!

How about they were tied to a chair with some psycopath holding a gun to their head, unlikely, but given the facts available as un-dicountable as any other scenario.

Kimbers probably hits the nail on the head, they are probably feeling much worse than your daily wail induced outrage.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

How about dog handler is urgently called away elsewhere, ask the front-desk to make sure the dogs are taken back to the kennels. Front desk forgets.

Fair enough – perhaps I should have said ‘those in charge’ rather than giving the easy get-out excuse of passing the blame to the next person.

Onzadog
    Free Member

What a horrible way to die. Shame it wasn’t a couple of regular locals locked in there instead. The dogs were making a positive contribution to society.

Interesting to note that on the Nottingham Evening Post website, people can comment on news stories. However, the facility wasn’t there for this one, or the news that the IPCC has decided not to investigate.

Sandwich

Dogs were in a private vehicle not a police one. No air-con running like in the police dog vans.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘And we let these responsible adults carry guns!’ is closed to new replies.