Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • And the prize for the most complex group of Rights of Way goes to…..
  • Ambrose

Llanmadoc Hill, Gower. I thought I knew the area pretty well, and then I had to sort out some walking routes for my school.

Blimey!

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=243655&y=192552&z=120&sv=243655,192552&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=728&ax=243655&ay=192552&lm=0

DickBarton

yup!

mrelectric

And that’s just the OS map! Local authority Defintive Map might have even more. Good number of BWs is good to see. Guess you’ll keep the school kids off these tho to keep them safe from bikers….

Good to see the Malverns. The contours got my attention again. Years since I walked it…

aracer
    Free Member

Definitive map is at http://gis.worcestershire.gov.uk/website/Countryside/ and nothing obvious not on the OS.

The bit further south is interesting – complex network of BWs on the East (Worcestershire) side, no ROWs at all on the West (Herefordshire) side. Oh and one of the tracks I regularly use isn’t marked on that map at all, not as a ROW, not even as a path. At some point I really should try hassling Herefordshire to register all the BWs which should exist there – though I’ve just tried accessing their definitive map and it insists I use IE (IE6 or higher 🙄 ), refuses to work with Chrome or FF 👿

mrelectric

Yes that IE problem Is really poor; got to be an earlier version too. Bradford have a new system in hand that is meant to be more compatible & generally loads better. All TBC though.

I would encourage everyone to get onto ther councils or local access forum to request upgrades of status, report discontinuities & blockages.

Ambrose

Although it pains me to say it, I think Malvern wins. As if I didn’t already know it!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘And the prize for the most complex group of Rights of Way goes to…..’ is closed to new replies.