Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • And the most infuriating thing about the ios7 update is….
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Not being able to toggle through google images. If you want to zoom in you have to click on the image, open it, then back up to go back out and look at the next one. Why???
    Why make something so straightforward so difficult and infuriating..!!!?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I haven’t noticed any improvements, did they actually do anything this time around?

vinnyeh

It’s a google issue apparently, not ios. When I googled it the suggestion was to use the google search app…

Jamie
    Free Member

did they actually do anything this time around?

You don’t read the release notes before updating?

tonyd

I have to say my initial thoughts were that my eyes were going to bleed. I’ve kind of got used to it a bit now and haven’t found anything particularly great or bad. But then I mainly use my phone for talking to people and could probably just use one of these….

GrahamS

I haven’t noticed any improvements, did they actually do anything this time around?

Nah, it’s exactly the same as iOS 6.

Apart from all the bits that are different.

GrahamS

Why??? Why make something so straightforward so difficult and infuriating..!!!?

Hmmm… I wonder.. why would Google, the biggest competitor to iOS, make it awkward to use an iOS phone with their search website..?

Next thing you know they’ll be dropping Google Sync to make it harder to use non-Android phones with Google Calendar, GMail and Contacts. Oh.. too late.

Rubber_Buccaneer

why would Google, the biggest competitor to iOS, make it awkward to use an iOS phone with their search website..?

Is it for the same reason those bluetooth people screw everything up with each new version of iOS? We are so, so lucky those nice people at apple sort it out in subsequent fixes…..

sugdenr
    Free Member

im still on 5, I ignored 6, is there any useful reason for me to go 7?

Milkie
    Free Member

sugdenr if you didn’t bother updating to iOS6, then why even bother with iOS7.

Not being able to toggle through google images.
    I just tried this on Chrome and it doesn’t work, the same as Safari.

gazc
    Free Member

i updated mine yesterday and wish i just left it on 5. *any way to go back????

*totally IT illiterate

footflaps

im still on 5, I ignored 6, is there any useful reason for me to go 7?

Same here…..

yorkshire89
    Free Member

I don’t like how it goes back a page on safari when your scrolling from left to right, haven’t found a setting to turn that off?

Also its a bit annoying how it underlines night, tonight, tomorrow in a text. Is it supposed to link to your calender?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

yorkshire, it only does that if you’re scrolling from off the screen. Much like Control Centre only appears if you scroll up from below the screen rather than scrolling up on the screen

CountZero

Also its a bit annoying how it underlines night, tonight, tomorrow in a text. Is it supposed to link to your calender?

Same as phone numbers, it’s to allow you to set it in a calendar, as you thought. Although, I can’t say I’ve noticed ‘night/tonight/tomorrow’, particularly. Not something I use very often, anyway, but occasionally it’s handy, otherwise I ignore it, same as lots of things put in to help people; many find them useful, many don’t, like me, so I ignore them.
    Like all software, really… 😀

GrahamS

Is it for the same reason those bluetooth people screw everything up with each new version of iOS? We are so, so lucky those nice people at apple sort it out in subsequent fixes…..

That’s kinda different. The Google website is entirely under Google’s control. Not Apples. If it does something different on the iPhone than on other devices then that is because Google has specifically chosen to do that for some reason.

Having said that I’ve got no idea what you’re on about regarding Bluetooth? Always seemed fine to me through various versions. But then I just do basic BT stuff like linking to the car hands-free and doing hotspots.

CountZero

Same as phone numbers, it’s to allow you to set it in a calendar, as you thought. Although, I can’t say I’ve noticed ‘night/tonight/tomorrow’, particularly. Not something I use very often, anyway, but occasionally it’s handy, otherwise I ignore it, same as lots of things put in to help people; many find them useful, many don’t, like me, so I ignore them.
    Like all software, really… 😀
    Edit; I’ve just noticed one little thing, I tried flicking this page from right to left, and it just ‘bounced’, but going from left to right to me to the previous version of the same page, with the reply box still open, still showing the text I’d just posted, which has allowed me to edit this. Not sure what’ll happen when I post it, it’ll probably do a new post, rather than edit the last one, but it’s an interesting feature, if feature it is.

CountZero

As I thought, it put up a new post. Worth a try.

footflaps

Bluetooth is/was pretty notorious for poor standards and standards compliance, there used to be no end of devices which wouldn’t interwork as the standard had been interpreted differently by the vendors….

GrahamS

Most infuriating thing for me btw, (before I’m accused of fanboism), is that they’ve made the Calendar app considerably less usable than it used to be.

I could install a third-party Calendar app of course, but naturally that won’t be allowed to link into the rest of the system like the Today screen or the underlined day/times.

it’s an interesting feature, if feature it is.

It’s just a gesture for “Back” isn’t it?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘And the most infuriating thing about the ios7 update is….’ is closed to new replies.