• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by toby1.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • And he doesn’t even drop his nachos…
  • IHN
    kelvin

Dude.

scuttler

Something similar from last week – kind of looks ‘not quite right’ but as he’s a known commentator I can’t imagine it’s not real.

MoreCashThanDash

Very chilled

hooli

Last summer I was having a beer watching the local village cricket team when I heard a fuss so looked up and the ball way heading straight for me. I caught it in my left hand with a pint in my right hand, I didn’t even spill a drop.

I was as amazed as anybody as I’d been there a good few hours and had a good few beers so my eyesight was a bit fuzzy!

theotherjonv

a mate and ex playing colleague of mine has got hands like jcb buckets, a cricket ball in his hand looks like a golf ball in an average size one. I’ve never seen him drop one (mind, he doesn’t move very fast any more so I’ve seen him not reach plenty!!)

Until watching a game one night, sat in the crowd he shelled one that came straight to him. I mean it was well hit, and cleared the ropes easily, and he may have been distracted by other hands going for it but according to his wife it was straight in and straight out. And would have been worth £1000 and a year’s supply of Dominos or something.

chakaping
    Free Member

I was as amazed as anybody as I’d been there a good few hours and had a good few beers so my eyesight was a bit fuzzy!

Flow state innit.

Like the time we were having a kickabout while off our faces on acid.

I’m facing my own goal, the ball is kicked above me toward the opposing goal – and I instinctively spin around and volley it into the back of the net.

I’m usually rubbish at footy and it was by far the most impressive thing I ever did on the pitch.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I was in Italy on the first day of my holiday watching some local game a bit like squash but with teams of players and a very small hard ball. It came flying out of the court towards me and the crowd parted. I reached out and it was a perfect catch with much cheering from the crowd.

I spent the rest of the holiday with the stich imprints from the ball blistered into my palm and unable to hold a beer in my right hand. A painful way to learn why the crowd parted so quickly.

Cougar

Nice catch.

Until watching a game one night, sat in the crowd he shelled one that came straight to him. I mean it was well hit, and cleared the ropes easily, and he may have been distracted by other hands going for it but according to his wife it was straight in and straight out.

Could someone translate this into English for me please?

theotherjonv

He was watching a 20:20 game at the Oval in London. Proper pro game. They had a feature where if you caught a six hit into the crowd you’d get something like £1000 and Dominos pizza for a year, or whoever the sponsor was. So of course not only did he have to catch it, everyone around him was trying to as well and distracting/deflecting it. That’s what he claims. His wife says it came straight to him and he simply dropped it (shelled it, colloquially)

It’s gone to extreme in some places though – in NZ if you buy a t-shirt, and then catch one cleanly one handed…..

That’s just over £50K

RobHilton
    Free Member

Saucepan hands fumbled it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

say it out slower and louder.

Its pretty clear

Cougar

say it out slower and louder.

Sure.

COOOUULLLDDD SOOMEEEONNNE TRANNNSSLLLATTEE THISSS INNNTOO EENGLISSSHHH FORRR MEEE PLLEEEEEAAASEEE?

Cougar

He was watching a 20:20 game at the Oval in London.

Sponsored by Specsavers?

maccruiskeen

Sponsored by Specsavers?

Mad Dog

toby1

The food and beer at the Phillies stadium is lovely, so worth holding onto.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘And he doesn’t even drop his nachos…’ is closed to new replies.