Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Analogue like cycle speedometer?
  • Premier Icon IvanMTB

Hi,

Doing a bit of a research for my colleague, that is very not-bike oriented.

One of his family members want to put analogue in look speedo onto his/her bike.

I know that there is obscenely expensive, but dead gorgeous Omata One https://omata.com/products/omata-one-mph?variant=47672898325 and you can buy some cheap mechanical versions on ebay/Amazon/everywhere https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Analog-Speedometer-in-Cycling-Computers-Gps/30108/bn_7022781960

But is there anything in between of these 2 extremities? Might be some already existing digital cyclocomputer have an option of presenting display in analogue-like fashion?

My search yielded few unique, tech-minded one-off pieces but nothing really more widely available, without silly price tag…

There is also Moskito chronograph, but as a Swiss made and now sold out is not an option for both price and availability perspective.

Extreme niche, for definite, I warned him (this colleague of mine…), it is going to be very expensive if anything…

Cheers!
    I.

Premier Icon bridges
    Free Member

I notice that CatEye describe their non-‘smart’ bike computers as ‘analogue’. Which is ironic, considering they have digital displays…

Did anyone here have one of those fiddly old style speedometers on their bikes as kids; the ones that used a rubber wheel like a dynamo, that ran against the rim/tyre? And allegedly recorded such astonishing speeds as 80 mph, on a BMX. 😀

I had a very basic mileometer thing, that used a little peg on a spoke, to turn a cogged wheel round, which acted like an electricity meter readout. It was a pain to set up, would fail more or less instantly, and looking back, was probably less accurate than just guesswork. Fun though.

Premier Icon Rubber_Buccaneer

Someone wrote a Garmin IQ data field to resemble the Omata.

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/0ce4d75f-5e80-43f3-b9f4-6a1aec243b01

Premier Icon cookeaa

There’s bound to be a few Apps for people that want to stick a phone on their bars.

Premier Icon scotroutes

Someone wrote a Garmin IQ data field to resemble the Omata.

I was also going to suggest looking at a Garmin and an analogue data field/display.

Premier Icon james-rennie

I would guess garmin can be tweaked to show a clcok face.
    That’s definitely the case with their watches.

Premier Icon faustus

Not analogue, but simple and nice low profile looks. Non gps, old style wireless magnet on wheel.

https://www.condorcycles.com/products/cateye-quick-wireless-cycle-computer?variant=33723787509898&wgu=281345_187205_16269633646821_082fe37288&wgexpiry=1634739364&source=webgains&siteid=187205

friend has one and its lovely

Premier Icon IvanMTB

Thanks!

The level of non-bikenes of that person best describes set of requirements:

wanna speedo on my bike, you know, that looks like car one…

So playing with Garmin and stuff is rather not an option 😀

Seen that CatEye myself, but that doesn’t look like “car one” so sadly not an option.

Cheers!
    I.

Premier Icon faustus

Here you go, looks freakin awful, but in stock:

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg

I had a very basic mileometer thing, that used a little peg on a spoke, to turn a cogged wheel round, which acted like an electricity meter readout. It was a pain to set up, would fail more or less instantly, and looking back, was probably less accurate than just guesswork. Fun though.

Yes I had one on my Raleigh Chopper front wheel, which given the size wasn’t entirely accurate

Premier Icon qwerty
    Free Member

AliExpress need to knock up an Omata copy!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.