Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • An idea for a future article in mag .Come with us on a forum ride !
  • oldfart

Been thinking we've had such a blast on these outings .I reckon it's time Chipps and co tagged along to see what goes on beyond the pics .Could go with us southern softies from wurzel central then with the northern hard boys (and girls ).What do you reckon could chance to see yer public??

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

😀 I like your style

But I doubt the bait will work.

cinnamon_girl

Maybe they would prefer an offer from some girlies 😉

Good idea though oldfart 🙂

jimmy

didn't they do that a while back? Some burd* did a Northern and Southern ride….

*Don't have the article so afraid I don't remember your name.

cinnamon_girl

I'm not any "burd" though

Sprints away before the heckling starts 😯

Harry_the_Spider

Drop them a line. We did and Chipps showed up.

slowrider
    Free Member

great idea! you could call it scenes! oh, wait a minute…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I got a burdock stuck to my sleeve yesterday. Someone suggested that was as close to a 'burd' as I was likely to get…

cinnamon_girl

Mr F – seriously I think it's a great idea, Exmoor or the Q's! Please e-mail them 8)

knottie8
    Free Member

funny enough I added this thought to the online survey. They would need to turn up unannonced(except to organiser)or numbers may spriral out of control.

TooTall
    Free Member

Interesting Freudian slip there – saying they would turn up 'unannonced'.

Heh.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

They would need to turn up unannonced(except to organiser)or numbers may spriral out of control.

You mena to keep people from staying away really, don't you?

😉

Mackem

anyone fancy a forum ride in Bilbao?

trailmonkey

a forum ride in bilbao might just get me interested

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

anyone fancy a forum ride in Bilbao

Is that in the Peaks? You wont catch me going oop north! 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Chipps is away at the mo. Can anyone else make decisions?

(edit: Only saying cos I know what its like here when the boss is away 😉 )

nickc

What? and have some journo along huffing and puffing at the back..? No thanks

😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

What, embarrass myself in front of a journalist so he/she can write a pisstake about me?

I can do that myself! 😛

Junkyard
    Free Member

I suspect they are nervous about keeping up with us really *
    We are doing one next month NOT 10 miles from STW towers
    * wonders whether goading will work where sarcasm did not?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I suspect they steer clear of these events so as not to incur any hint of responsibility under conditions outwith their control

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I wonder if they will make it as far south as the New Forest this weekend?

CinamonGirl – Girlie stuff at the Big Bike Bash

AnaNichoola is a brand that celebrates women and cycling. We are a team of freelance cycling creatives, bringing together practical and fashionable cycle clothing, funky accessories, recycled bike-part jewellery and beautiful photography. We are delighted to be having a presence at the Big Bike Bash, especially because of the efforts the organisers have gone to to ensure a female-friendly welcome. Anna Glowinski, founder of AnaNichoola says "It looks like it is going to be a great event with a huge success in its first year. Hopefully it will be such fun that it can only get bigger and better, with more women turning up."
    In recognition of the ladies that are getting on their bikes, getting muddy and taking part we are happy to donate prizes

barca
    Free Member

When the magazine first started up there was a Singletrack ride from the then offices. 52 people turned up I seem to remember. It was a grand day out.

rOcKeTdOg

erm, haven't the last few issues had chipps turning up for other peoples rides though, with a descripion of ride, terrain and general banter? or have i had a special copy with those articles especially for me in?

Harry_the_Spider

No you haven't… and if you relive the adventures of issue 51 Clickerty-Click .

chipps

Hello. I'm back.
    Yes, we're always happy to get invites to come on rides. I'll warn you now, the one with Harry the Spider took about six weeks to find a day when everyone was free (and he only lives just down the road…), so it might take a while, but feel free to email me with suggestions and we'll come along when someone's free.

knottie8
    Free Member

its about time you (chipps) ventured down to the Qs for a group ride .

simonralli2
    Free Member

Nahh Chipps

You may have been before, but let Trekster, Forge and myself take you on a big night out in Dumfries 😀

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stw-group-ride-26th27th-september-kirroughtree-dalbeattie-mabie#post-639474

Bring some spare new bikes for us to test out too – it'll be fab!

Bunnyhop

Barca-I was on that ride, there were indeed about 50 people. It quickly split into 2 groups though.

It was indeed a grand day out.

samuri
    Free Member

And having seen pictures of chipps recently, I'd not get to excited about leaving him huffing and puffing at the back, he looks BUFF! Racing whippet fast.

cinnamon_girl

knottie, sharki, oldfart – have you ALL e-mailed Chipps?

Would you like a Southern softie posse cos it can be arranged?

NZCol

Every Wed night 5.30pm , Civic Centre, Wellington. If you are good you can stay in my spare room. Its fast but there is A and B options for fast/less fast.

But no, i'm not paying your airfare to NZ.

Trekster

I have been on 2 stw rides with Chipps, Dalbeattie opening 02/03 and Bikeverbier stw holiday week 05(bestest ever biking holiday ever). We met again at the opening of Ae. Think he must be due a revisit of the Stanes by now.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘An idea for a future article in mag .Come with us on a forum ride !’ is closed to new replies.