• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by mert.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Amsterdam Campsite
  • Spin
    Free Member

Looking at spending a couple of days in Amsterdam mid October. Our plan is to take bikes across on the ferry, stay in a campsite and spend the time visiting relatives and exploring Amsterdam by bike.

My relative is in south Amsterdam but it all looks fairly compact to cycle around. We tried to book this place but it shuts at the start of October: https://boerententencamping.com/

Has anyone got any other campsite recommendations?

Cheers.

superfli
    Free Member

Stayed at camping zeeburg and camping gaasper before. Both were very friendly and clean. Gaasper close to metro, zeeburg a little further away.

ads678

Stayed at camping vliegenbos or something like that. Very central Amsterdam. Had UV lights in the toilets!!! Beer in a vending machine though!! I was mostly stoned at the time so didn’t really care.

Edit: this place, looks a bit ‘nicer’ nowadays.

https://www.amsterdam.nl/vliegenbos/

jaminb
    Free Member

Pretty sure we camped here / stayed in lodges

Camping Zeeburg Amsterdam, Zuider IJdijk 20, 1095 KN Amsterdam, Netherlands

We rode up the coast through Harlem then into Amsterdam nice leisurely ride dedicated cycle route through the dunes. We were in no fit state to ride in Amsterdam but there is a tram stop 5 mins walk from campsite

felltop

Stayed at this place 3 years ago, in October https://www.gaaspercamping.nl/ . It was OK. Nothing special, but clean and spacious.

csb

Ah, fond memories of interailing in tbe early 90s and camping at a temporary campsite in Amsterdam. Absolute carnage. If anyone offers you hash cookies say no.

Spin
    Free Member

Cheers folks, I’ll have a look tonight.

jkomo

Spin, if you get he time, could you put a detailed itinerary, I fancy copying your trip at some point. Sounds ace.

mogrim

If you do fancy hash brownies though, buy them in a coffee shop. The ones they sell in the tourist trap shops for 10€ do bugger all.

dyna-ti

The one i was at was quite close to the city, or on the outskirts, though i cant remember the name of it, it was within walking distance of the coffee houses.

When i got to it i took note of it being close to a roundabout with 3 tall trees on it to make navigating back to it easier.

First trip out, on the return to camp, i discovered there were about 1/2 a dozen roundabouts, and they all had 3 tall trees on them 😆

RoterStern
    Free Member

We were camping also in Gaasper Camping earlier this year. It‘s a five Minute walk to the train station on a direct line to the central station. Took about 25 minutes. There was not a lot happening around the campsite as it was mainly residential flats but a nice park and lake behind the campsite. The wash houses were well insulated so I would imagine it’s open year round. We tried to get into the Sport Campground which was much nearer the Centre but was fully booked even in May. It seemed to be popular with young people in tents and was quite basic but everything new. It’s directly next to a huge sports centre.

tartanscarf

We stayed at Gaasper Camping a few years back. It was decent. Reasonable pitches, clean, good service and not too long to get into the city.

mert
    Free Member

Did camping Zeeburg few years ago as a base to watch some cyclo cross, nice and peaceful and not too far to get to the nearest tram (About a 10 minute walk with two small kids.)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.