Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Amphetamine?
  • anotherhonkie
    Free Member

Been hearing a lot about this in the circle of freinds i keep, mainly fronm them reminising about “the good old days”. So whats so good, have i missed out?

lowey

no sleep till tomoroows dawn and tomorrow will be a long day.

Loved it.

twohats
    Free Member

Well, aside from talking absolute bollocks at a million mph, gurning like an idiot, chewing gum like its the last piece on earth, resorting to chewing the inside of your mouth when said gum fails (and you will find the need to gnaw on something, anything) , your cock looking like you’ve just stepped out of a wintry north sea, no chance of sleeping for at least 24 hours once you’ve taken it and all the while sweating like a rapist, you’re not missing much really…

*reminisces about misspent youth…*

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why don’t you give it a go ? It’s never too late to start a drug habit.

How about crystal meths, if you want to keep up with the times ?

Then in a few years time you too, could be reminiscing about “the good old days”.

lowey

i dedicated a whole section of my fotpic site to wanton drug abuse…

http://old-zone-pics.fotopic.net/

I am now a pillar of the community.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

It’s rubbish. Makes you chew your face to bits. Talk cack. All the beer youve drunk, to get you “merry” is negated. You’ll feel like crap for two or three days afterwoods, and unless is like putty – then it’s likely to have been cut with God know’s what. It will make your wee man, look like a wee walnut. If you do manage to get it up you’ll never get anywhere, you’ll just go on until you have a MI.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Speed comedowns – urgh!!!!

Don’t do it!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Lowey – Started my day off with a smile looking through your old photos – inspired taking a camera!!!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Amphetamines – in small quantities occasionally they are a nice useful stimulant – used by armed forces and astronauts.

In larger dosse you feel like a God and full of energy – but come down to feel like shit – plus what the others have said above

Used a lot over a period of time often results in Psychosis – virtually indistinguishable from Schizophrenia

johnners
    Free Member

As above, plus puts your resting heart rate up stupidly high and you get very anxious in the comedown phase. You won’t be able to face real food so you’ll live on custard for a whole long weekend. The increased occurrence of spontaneous nosebleeds put me off…

The amount taken in a dose for “recreational” purposes is massively bigger than that used as a stimulant.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I forgot the heart thing – knackers your heart. Not a nice drug really.

chakaping
    Free Member

Speed kills.

And it’s not very pleasant anyway.

z1ppy

seemingly unusual thread, most ‘drug’ threads are inhabited by anti-drug cleaning living muppets*, this seems to be a lot of ex-experimenters who are giving the benefit of decent advice without being judgmental…

I agree with most of the above, do youself a favour and avoid.

* – in some ways I maybe wish I could have stayed one of these….
    “regret, without it, you wouldn’t be who you are today”.

satan

MrNutt
    Free Member

There’s a line in Withnail & I that sums it up quite well:

Marwood: Speed is like a dozen transatlantic flights without ever getting off the plane. Time change. You lose, you gain. Makes no difference so long as you keep taking the pills. But sooner or later you’ve got to get out because it’s crashing, and then all at once the frozen hours melt out through the nervous system and seep out the pores.

epicyclo

I suppose it comes down to – if you don’t like who you are, take drugs.

Odds are it won’t improve you.

A bit like drinking to excess – “I felt so happy last night…” 😀

RichPenny
    Free Member

What odds are they then epicyclo? Like lots of things, taking drugs gives you a range of experiences. Some are positive, some negative. Whether any of them improve you as a person depends on you, not the drug involved. Rather like riding round a muddy field for 24 hrs can be a negative experience in itself, but the sense of achievement and self-knowledge gained might improve you.

Interesting that drinking to excess is bad for you. Presumably, moderate drinking is ok? Does that attitude extend to other drugs?

Speed, mind you, is a dirty drug, no question.

timdrayton
    Free Member

It was my drug of choice back in the day, I loved the buzz. I did lose 3 stone and ended up looking like a zombie however….

What follows is a cautionary tale of the foolishness of drug misuse:

I was always very, very affected by even the smallest amount of anything I took (a lightweight my mates said).

Me and my mates went to gatecrasher, there I had suplemented my usual speed with a couple of e’s and some coke. I had never taken e or coke before this, in retrospect was a bad idea.

Furthermore, the speed was “proper 100% base man” and was this grey putty like stuff, also a first for me, so me and a mate took the lot, along with some renne in case it was a bit acidic….

Come those frozen hours of the early morning (to which MRnutt refers) we had to prize my mate from behind a ciggarette machine at about 4 in the morning, he was convinced that he was about to be baseball batted to death, he remained the same paranoid wreck for 4 days.

I however felt fine!

For 3 more days, didnt sleep, but felt fine!

Then one evening I was having a bath at about 11 oclock (I lived with my (elderly and very christian) parents, i was about 19?) when I noticed some mild discomfort in my testicles.

They appeared to be swelling quite rapidly, concerned, I decided to run into to my parents bedroom completely starkers and clutching my pride and joy which now felt like a pair of oranges. I woke them up, and not wanting to worry them shouted “mum help! my testicles are the size of oranges” and kind of flapped them at her as if to emphasize my point.

They did not take kindly to this, and advised me to ring the doctor.

So I ran downstairs and sat explaining in graphic detail, my concerns to the emergency doctors receptionist, only to have to repeat the entire sordid tale to the doctor.

His advice was to get some sleep, and that as what I was describing was not anatomically possible, he was sure that it would feel better in the morning. No, I didnt need an ambulance.

All was indeed well in the morning testicle-wise, but I didnt sleep for a few more days, and didnt eat properly for about another week. I also had the comedown of a lifetime, but did give my best man some wonderful content for his recent speech.

Just say no kids!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

TandemJeremy

Speed doesn’t cause psychosis any more than cannabis does.

It might bring forward a psychotic episode that may have been bubbling away under the surface, but those drugs don’t cause psychosis.

Unfortunately the media would have you believe that smoking a spliff leads to paranoid schizophrenia and some kind of bizarre knife attack. And all drugs are evil.

GW
    Free Member

aphex – have you had psychosis?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I suppose it comes down to – if you don’t like who you are, take drugs.

Odds are it won’t improve you.

What a load of old cobblers.

So, why go mountain biking then? The adrenaline rush is akin to using drugs. Same with drinking coffee, etc.

Most drugs do have a negative effect on mind and body, if abused. But in moderation, certain drugs can provide an incredibly stimulating, exciting and rewarding sperience.

Mind you, the way some drugs, speshly Cocaine, are used in our society, can be quite pathetic. But then, people who use a powerful drug like Cocaine, to feel ‘better’; bigger stronger tougher braver, are mis-using the drug.

BTW; Speed is shyte, compared to Methylenedioxymethamphetamine…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I properly LOLed at TimDrayton’s post… 😆

grumm
    Free Member

Rubbish drug really – appalling comedown.

johnners
    Free Member

I used to enjoy the effects while I was on it, I stopped using it because the many minuses for me greatly outweighed that plus. I remember lying awake in a dark room where everyone else had crashed after a party, petrified that everyone was listening to me breathe.

My testicles remained their normal size, however. Luckily that bit of paranoia hadn’t occurred to me…

grizzlygus
    Free Member

It might bring forward a psychotic episode that may have been bubbling away under the surface, but those drugs don’t cause psychosis.

Yeah right. On occasions after binge drinking I’ve ended up throwing up, but it wasn’t the alcohol which made me throw up, it was my stomach. After all, who’s to say that I wouldn’t have thrown up had I not had a drink – plenty of people who don’t drink also vomit.

I have to deal on more or less a daily basis, with someone who attempts to struggle through life with crippling schizophrenia. From the “I’m going to kill myself right now” late-night texts, to the incoherent gibberish phone rantings.

She will live the rest of her life on disability benefits, and has an entire team behind her, including social workers, CPNs, psychologists, and psychiatrists. Everyone, including her, accepts that her schizophrenia was brought about by years of recreational drug use.

Whatsit
    Free Member

It was my drug of choice in the “good” old days too.

In hindsight I wasted a lot of money, time and effort that should really have gone towards getting higher qualifications but I was happy, gainfully employed and stoned and/or speeding my tits off for most of the week.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Being small, I could never take the same large amounts of drugs that some of my friends did. Also, being very fit, throughout my twenties, drugs seemed to have a more pronounced effect on my system, than on others. So, I took considerably less than others. Which was probably a good thing. Fortunately, most of my friends din’t call me a ‘lightweight’, so I din’t have to deal with stupid peer-pressure much.

And I realised early on, that Lysergic Acid Diethylamide was incredibly powerful, and could possibly render you pretty fecked-up (that’s a proper medical term, btw). Things like Ketamine and MDMA were also not to be abused. In fact, in the sase of Speed and Ketamine, probably not to be taken at all, really, certainly not more than once or twice. Experience the buzz, enjoy, move on.

Anyone who takes drug use lightly, is a fool.

But, hey, man; It’s Your Trip…

nostoc
    Free Member

timdrayton-
    did you mean like Valencia late navels or just mini clementines?

johnhoo
    Free Member

I was in a band with a bloke who used speed – a lot of it.

He’s dead now.

* it was heroin wot killed him though

noteeth
    Free Member

I never took any drugs – I just liked dancing to the music.

duckers
    Free Member

timdrayton – Member
    It was my drug of choice back in the day, I loved the buzz. I did lose 3 stone and ended up looking like a zombie however….

3 Stone, I think I lost more than that at one butterolggie!!!

Old Skool Tune For You

corroded
    Free Member

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DyGedwIjUwA

The good old days – Carl Cox, Club UK, sorted etc…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Aphex – sorry – I do believe speed does cause psychosis. Very unlike cannabis where there is no clear causality although there is some link between psychotic episodes and cannabis use, with amphetamines the link is clearly there – over stimulation of dopamine in the frontal cortex. A burnt out speedfreak shows signs that are similarly psychotic (but not quite identical) to classic schizophrenia.

Paranoia, delusions, hallucinations.

I think amphetamine psychosis is far more accepted in the medical community that cannabis psychosis. With amphetamines there are clear causal links and it reverses once the speedfreak recovers.

djglover
    Free Member

Speed was awful, at least with a couple of good e’s you could get some sleep

aphex_2k
    Free Member

TJ – It doesn’t “cause” psychosis. As with any medical thing, your opinion is going to be drawn from what you’ve read, seen or been told. I’ve read a few papers and it’s the opinion of the consultant psychiatrists in my team that drugs don’t cause a person to become psychotic, and if they weren’t taking anything they would still be susceptible, just maybe a few more years down the line. Drugs bring things to a head quicker.

GW – no, I’ve never been psychotic. But I am a mental health nurse and I’ve spent muchos time with psychotic young adults.

epicyclo

RichPenny –
    What odds are they then epicyclo? Like lots of things, taking drugs gives you a range of experiences. Some are positive, some negative. Whether any of them improve you as a person depends on you, not the drug involved…

Interesting that drinking to excess is bad for you. Presumably, moderate drinking is ok? Does that attitude extend to other drugs?

Speed, mind you, is a dirty drug, no question.

Not sure what you read into my response, but I’ve never seen anyone improved by taking drugs. As for alcohol, we’ve had tens of thousands of years to adjust to it, but it still can screw up those who are susceptible.

I’ve no moral stance on drugs and I think most of the so called evils of drugs are due to them being illegal. Big pharm companies are bad enough at aduleration, never mind the unscrupulous drug dealer. I’d vote for legalisation tomorrow.

I come from a family with too many alcoholics and early death smokers to have any enthusiasm for the ingestion of mind altering substances of unknown provenance or the consumption of carcinogens.

Yeah, I do drink beer, and I like the odd dram of good whisky in company. If I want to alter the state of my mind, I get on my bike.

billyboulders
    Free Member

Some good advice here (in this thread). Not prepared to go into my drug habits/history on here but out of them all I’d say amphet is the worst for making you feel sh1te in return for any “benificial” effects.

Seemingly, very bad for your bodies calcium reserves too (makes your teeth, and I suppose bones, but you can’t see them, turn to crap). Saw a lad loose a tooth after doing the communal bag of billy to himself at Big Love “back in the day”

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Ahh good ol billy. Used to love the stuff. Would’nt touch it with a barge pole now.

tune…!

RichPenny
    Free Member

Sorry, I just don’t believe you’ve never seen anyone improved by taking drugs. Never seen a group of mates having a laugh in the pub, friends laughing their ass off when smoking dope, felt the rush of the dancefloor when a big track is played? Never enjoyed Hendrix, The Beatles or any subsequent musicians who were blatant caners?

To be fair, I agree with you some of the way. There are big downsides to all drugs if taken to excess, there are (and were, before it caught up with them) alcoholics in my family as well. This doesn’t mean I avoid alcohol now, although I left it alone until my twenties.

Beer, I have to point out, is a drug and alters your state of mind.

trailmonkey

I reckon it’s fair to say that anyone who’s used speed would agree that the high is great, the comedown is loathesome and most would view the drug, retrospectively, in a pretty negative light.

FWIW, I seem to remember a few cases of amphetamine psychosis knocking around back in the day. People who were suffering appauling side effects after prolonged, heavy speed abuse. Maybe the drug was merely a trigger not a cause, I don’t know, but I’m really suprised to hear medical profesionals dismiss the idea because I’ve seen the results with my own eyes.

Saccades
    Free Member

It’s bad, very bad.

The last time I took speed I pulled the girl of my dreams and got her back to my place. I was well out of my league with this lass – and she was promising all types of filthy things too…

However due to my speed intake there was nothing happening down there at all, even after she did some of these filthy things to attempt to get the party started.

The look she gave me in the morning as she walked down the footpath out of my life meant that I never took it again.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Amphetamine?’ is closed to new replies.