• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by J.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • AMP F3 Suspension forks – retro
  • J
    Free Member

How much do you reckon a set of these ridden once since being fully serviced by AMP in Los Angeles would be worth these days? Like these…

[img]http://www.bikepro.com/products/amp/b3bike.jpg[/img]

Thanks.

Dibbs
    Free Member

A mate had a pair of those, they needed new bushings after every dozen or so rides on the Quantocks. I'm sure they'd be alright if you never rode the bike though 😉

Woody
    Free Member

Oooh memories….can't help you with the value now but I used to own that frame and forks and IIRC got about £220 10 years ago for it – scared the living crap out of me watching the forks flex like a bow under braking but it weighed nothing 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Teetosugars
    Free Member

Head over to Retrobike… Someone on there will no doubt *pop* and offer you loads of money..

benjag
    Free Member

a mate has one of those, v light and v bendy!

DeeJay
    Free Member

Those forks were my 'upgrade' from a flexstem 🙄

J
    Free Member

Woody, i know, flex-tastic, but were so much fun. These were my first ever suspension forks, bought in 1996; still got the box and manual and some mud guard thing i made to keep the mud off. I rode them the once a few years ago, built on an old retro kona, in the Brecon Beacons. Going down a long, very rocky/bouldery bridleway, that had turned into a river was so sketchy, but so much fun none the less. :o)

clubber
    Free Member

I had a set of those but with aluminium fork legs. Never had any issues with them though the damper was a bit sticky so they only really worked on big bumps. Even took them biking in the US back in the day.

Retrobike is the place to sell them.

J
    Free Member

I've postd in the 'how much is his worth' thread on retrobike, but no suggestions as yet. Yeh, that'd be the best place to sell them, just no idea if they are worth anything, or maybe like a nice old VW, they have gone up in price – that'd be bvery cool, but i doubt that very much. lol.

gingerflash

I had some too, on an early P7. Bushes lasted no time at all (Pentlands and Lakes) and you could almost bottom them out just with braking forces.

jam-bo

A mate had a pair of those, they needed new bushings after every dozen or so rides on the Quantocks. I'm sure they'd be alright if you never rode the bike though

there was a pair knocking around in the back storeroom at ralphies.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

simonlovesrocks had a pair of those on his XC bike for the BUSA's a few years back, through bravery/stupidity he rode them in the peaks as well! Then again I rode manitou minutes, not sure who suffered form more flex!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I had a set that sold for about £30 a year ago.

clubber
    Free Member

Funny but I never had any issues with bushing wear on mine even in the muddy conditions they were used in.

J
    Free Member

Nor me, I'd used mine for 6 years before enogh play developed for me to want to get them changed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘AMP F3 Suspension forks – retro’ is closed to new replies.