Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Amp and speakers for my shed £100.
  • zippykona

My Bose sound dock has died. Thinking I might get separates instead of a single unit.
    I know nothing about these things , they do need to be small though .

Olly
    Free Member

Whats your audio source? The sound you get out of the bluetooth units like the JBL Flip and the Ultimate Ears Wonderboom is incredible (for their size and cost, in my opinion)

Added bonus of being water and dust proof as long as youre using bluetooth and have the ports shut.

zippykona

Will be using an echo dot or my phone via a wire.
    I have a Bose mini soundlink and it sounds puny in my shed.

mattyfez

These are very good for the money…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-GigaWorks-Multimedia-Speakers-Technology/dp/B001IZZ2PE

But depends what input/wireless options you want, or if you want a single unit rather than a stereo pair.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I assume you’re streaming from Spotify or similar or have a library of MP3s on phone.

How about a digital amp (20 W) and some bookshelf speakers? You can get this set up for under £80:

Plenty loud enough for a shed unless it is of Boeing proportions!

StuF

A secondhand Denon RCD-M37 and some speakers? Depends if you want dab /cd as well as a line in for your phone

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Denon Scm50 speakers- ebay £50 quid
    Smsl SA30 or a 50 amp – ebay £50 quid

sc-xc

If you have a spare adaptor lying about, I can post you (FOC) an amp like derek_starship’s. I agree they are great for such a little unit, I have a couple and I just don’t use them anymore.

BearBack
    Free Member

any old half decent 2.1 pc speakers would be cheap and easy

simon_g

The little digital bluetooth amps you can get from Nobsound and the like (look on amazon/ebay/aliexpress) are amazing for the money, and they’re tiny, I have one about the size of two decks of cards in the garage hooked up to my 25 year old Missions and it does a great job.

kelvin

Not separates … Audio Pro.

EDIT : my 25 year old Missions have blown tweeters thanks to a small child (who’s now nearly 20). I can’t throw them out though. Anyway, a set of proper old speakers and a modern little amp/receiver is the best option if you can beg, steal, borrow or buy the right speakers.

hatter

If you have a spare adaptor lying about, I can post you (FOC) an amp like derek_starship’s. I agree they are great for such a little unit, I have a couple and I just don’t use them anymore.

If Zippy doesn’t take it off your hands I would be very interested please as I have a similar project underway.

Happy to pay postage etc.

sc-xc

If Zippy doesn’t take it off your hands I would be very interested please as I have a similar project underway.

Happy to pay postage etc.

Pretty sure I have two…hang on

ji
    Free Member

….and just in case you have three I would be grateful too 🙂

😀

johnnystorm

Just got one of these for my TV but they have a built in FM tuner, 3.5mm jack in and Bluetooth so will probably let you stream from your phone wirelessly.

MAJORITY K2 Soundbar with Subwoofer | 150 WATT with 2.1 Surround Sound | HDMI ARC with multi-connection

stevemorg2

Whereabouts are you? I’ve a pair of Denon bookshelf speakers I’ve been meaning to sell

thepodge
    Free Member

Timely thread, I’ve got some 1970s 4×12 tower PA speakers that I’ve been considering moving into the garage but need an amp for them. Total overkill as I’ll likely not be able to hear them most of the time over the noise of tools but they are way cooler than the Echo dot I’ve also been considering.

ampthill

Edifier 1280s without blue tooth are under budget and work well

Amp is built into the speakers

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Get thee to cash converters and do your bit to fund an addicts habbit. I got an old NAD for £50 and they had speakers for buttons

Cougar

Will be using an echo dot or my phone via a wire.

How? AFAIK the full-sized Echo has audio in/out but the Dot is input only?

Phone by wire? Why?

£100 budget and for a shed, given the presence of the Dot I’m assuming you have Wi-Fi out there? I’d wait for Black Friday, get two Echoes which will probably be half price or part of some other bundle, set ’em up as a Bluetooth stereo pair.

phil5556

Great thanks, I’m in the process of sorting my garage and was just going to stick an old Bluetooth speaker in there.

But now I’m looking at some cheap bookshelf speakers and a little amp to plug my old Sonos connect into, which is sitting unloved in the cupboard 🙄

sc-xc

Looks like I can only find one. I’ll go to the loft over the weekend to see if the other one is up there.

amp

@zippykona
    it’s yours if you want it, if not @hatter then I’ll drop you a line.

hatter

Thanks chap!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Cheap Chinese Bluetooth amp off ebay +1

Sound quality is fine, EQ seemed a bit off with the sony 6×9 speakers mine is hooked upto but not unusable (you can get apps to EQ it on your phone).

Do get a power supply that’s the largest it’s rated for though. If it says 5-48V, get a 48v supply because unlike a car stereo they can’t boost the voltage.

Actually, that’s a better idea, just get a car stereo of facebook marketplace, they sell for £10-£20 as there’s no market for them anymore now everything is built in. Just needs a suitable 12V power supply, those (12V 200W or so to give some headroom) will be over budget so you might have to think laterally and run off an old car battery and charger?

fossy

I’ve been looking at the cheapy BT amps to drive two old, but good JVC speakers I have spare.

lodious
    Free Member

I bought a pair of these for working away from home…

https://www.presonus.com/products/Eris-E35-BT

IMHO They are really good value for money. You can connect via bluetooth which has been working without any fuss. Also really good for improving the sound of TV’s.

goldfish24

Get a nobsound Bluetooth amp. Absolutely outstanding what they deliver. Pair with an old (cheap) pair of speakers. Convenience of Bluetooth, plus reuse of some nice old speaker win win. Mines running a pair of missions in the shed.

Edit: so good the Rega planar 2 and big box of records now lives in the shed/shoffice with it.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Unless your shed is dry and damp free, I’d be more inclined to think about some decent over the ear headphones like some sony xm4’s

ButtonMoon

I love old school audio, with many B&W speakers around the house, but have you tried the portable Bluetooth that Olly listed? I have the UE Boom 2 and it is superb! So flexible and sound quality is pretty dam good. The days of amps & wires are dying imo.

Also consider site speakers. I have a big dewalt Dab unit which rocks! The trades have good audio now!

The Boom 2 goes everywhere though, from kitchen, office, workshop, workout, biking weekend and holiday trips. Great also for watching movies via laptop /pad. Highly recommended!

zippykona

Plenty of info there, thank you.
    Will be trying a new power adaptor for my Bose and see if that fixes it first. I shall be rummaging through my friend’s old charger drawer at the weekend.

@sc-xc
    please pass your lovely amp onto the other person.

phil56

@goldfish24

Get a nobsound Bluetooth amp

There seems to be loads of different versions and I was struggling to grasp the differences – do you know which version you have?

thanks

Also consider site speakers. I have a big dewalt Dab unit which rocks! The trades have good audio now!

The Boom 2 goes everywhere though, from kitchen, office, workshop, workout, biking weekend and holiday trips. Great also for watching movies via laptop /pad. Highly recommended!

I have the Makita BT/DAB one for work and it’s decent – Makita LXT batteries, or mains

[url=https://www.flickr.com/gp/85252658@N05/h8374Q]2020-06-27_01-59-55[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

And the JBL Xtreme 2 for my hotel room/garden etc, which sounds great

[url=https://www.flickr.com/gp/85252658@N05/2AB62o]2021-03-21_07-40-14[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

Audio Pro T20’s for the shed/office

[url=https://www.flickr.com/gp/85252658@N05/GR20Y4]2020-08-01_02-50-14[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

And a JBL Clip 3 for my belt when I’m on site

[url=https://www.flickr.com/gp/85252658@N05/34CTPa]2021-11-19_09-11-40[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

Big fan of BT speakers and their versatility

edhornby

Headphones ! I’ve got some bluetooth ones from work (Jabra) and they are impressive audio quality considering they are for teams calls etc. something like the sony or similar would be way way better than a speaker and would be more practical as you charge and store in the house

Headphones ! I’ve got some bluetooth ones from work (Jabra) and they are impressive audio quality considering they are for teams calls etc. something like the sony or similar would be way way better than a speaker and would be more practical as you charge and store in the house

I’ve also got some decent BT headphones – Sony WHX-M3’s, but don’t like wearing them all the time – prefer them for bed, or gym. Much prefer background/music separated from my head in the office

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Amp and speakers for my shed £100.’ is closed to new replies.