Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 125 total)
  • Ammanford KTM MTB Theft today
  • murf
    Free Member

I’ve got a few spare bits if your looking to build up a new bike?

rickon
    Free Member

I can pitch in too if needed.

johnsouthwales
    Free Member

shambles.. i had a mess around in paintshop pro, the police original is on the left and i enhanced two. not that it makes much of a difference but the principle is there.

Liftman

🙄

watsontony
    Free Member

any luck yet pal

johnsouthwales
    Free Member

update: some news arrived, i can’t say too much but someone, somewhere has recognised the suspect photo after i posted it up in a lot of sites, police have interviewed a male, bailed for a few weeks. i don’t know which site – or where

Now it has to be concentrated where the bike is and who is storing it, which is going to be a bugga, as if it’s been hidden for all this time by someone else, some people may not even know it’s there. Search your sheds…because it looks like maybe he will get away with it as it’s down to the cps now whether to proceed even when the cctv evidence is overwhelming. Probably if someone is hiding it, they are in more trouble than the person who took it. and if someone does buy it and gets caught, they could get in trouble as well plus they’d lose their money.
    Frustrating thing is I’m not allowed to know the general locality of the person, i’m not even allowed to know if the person is in wales or England or anywhere, which would have been nice to know which county so can concentrate more there rather than faffing about spending hours posting in other sites (shakes head)

njee20
    Free Member

Good lord!

Jamie
    Free Member

Well….this is different.

enfht
    Free Member

Did you get another bike built up in the end?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

you dont need a new bike, you need counselling on how to move on. Good grief.

edit, having re-read your last post

Probably if someone is hiding it, they are in more trouble than the person who took it. and if someone does buy it and gets caught, they could get in trouble as well plus they’d lose their money.

yes thats right, 12 months on and the master criminal gang are still sitting on their haul waiting for the heat to drop off Have you called the NCA, they were set up to tackle just this type of organised cross-border crime 🙄

Anyone in possession of the bike now has f– all chance of getting into any trouble, they will have too strong an argument that they took possession of the bike in good faith. It is (no offence) a low-rent bike so trying prove they knew or believed it to be stolen (ie. bought it for far below the market rate) is a non-starter, and it could have changed hands several times since then.

Seriously, move on.

wwaswas

Search your sheds

I’m pleased someone’s been named and interviewed for this but I personally think you’re clutching at straws with regards to getting the bike back or seeing a prosecution.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I personally think you’re clutching at straws

is a very polite way of putting it, wwaswas. Worryingly obsessive would be nearer the mark.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

*spits tea on laptop*

Ambrose

I’ll search my shed. Living very close to Ammanford as I do it is the least I can do. And I can confirm that the OP has been exceedingly proactive when it comes to informing all the users of a number of locally based FB pages.

Ambrose

Shed now searched- no KTM, just like yesterday and the day before…

cloudnine
    Free Member

I admire persistence.. I dread to think what you’d do to the thief if you caught up with them.
    I hope you manage to get another bike together and eventually move on.

Liftman

The thread that keeps on giving.

Come on,one more post to take it to 100

3dvgirl
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyTV1eXgJyc[/video]
    i dont have a shed but ill check my bathroom instead.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Wow. Just…. wow.

pictonroad

😯

Amazing. I’ll donate a frame.

Ambrose

I’ve checked my shed again. Nothing there.

pictonroad

Bump. Any more sheds unchecked?

greeble
    Free Member

I don’t have a shed but I’ll check.

Here’s johnsouthwales twitter
    https://mobile.twitter.com/johnsouthwales

andytherocketeer

I did spot a KTM once, but it was outside a shed.
    But it was orange and black. Forks were white though.

robdob
    Free Member

22,600 tweets! Yowser!

binners

I’ve just checked my shed. Even though I’m nowhere near Wales. No KTM’s, I’m afraid. But in the spirit of the OP, (solidarity comrade) I’m going to stake out my shed, just in case. I’ve dug a trench, embedded myself there, and I’ve got enough food and water for the next few days

SSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!

njee20
    Free Member

22,600 tweets! Yowser!

We get a mention too! Woop woop!

i won’t be surpised if bike thieves are fellow cyclists judging by derogatory comments and stalking in a particular mountainbike website

We are trying to help, it just seems a bit too late for all that!

IdleJon

njee20 – Member

22,600 tweets! Yowser!

We get a mention too! Woop woop!

Did you read them all? 😯

Jamie
    Free Member

Another mystery solved.

TheSanityAssassin

Bugger me – he’s even got Jesus on the case now…..

njee20
    Free Member

Did you read them all?

Yep, it was number 14,938.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This thread is really rather astonishing.

crazy-legs

This thread is really rather astonishing.

It’s repeated word for word on the CTC Forum and on BikeRadar.

😯

That’s a lot of effort for a £300 MTB…

wattsymtb
    Free Member

I feel like I’ve been on a real journey.

I can’t help but think that the time that has been invested in this could have been better spent.

Oh, and I’ll check my shed when I get home.

Do you think it has been masterfully planted in an unsuspecting persons shed until the heat dies down? How long do you anticipate this being?

cheers_drive

I was officially made redundant today but I the resurrection of this thread has made me feel better 😀 It does feel wrong to laugh at someone elses misfortune though, especially in regards to cycle theft.

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve been out at night checking sheds for weeks now.
    I’ve recovered loads of smart bikes but no ktm yet I’m afraid

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

from recent twitter feed

Would be nice to know which country suspect is in. England, wales, ireland, scotland. Just to narrow things down

Whilst the suspect lives life of reilly, victim lives in a life of hell

One thing for sure,this isnt doing my osteoarthritis any good. Blood pressure. Headaches. Tiredness, stress

Does the OP not have any friends or family that can, in US parlance, stsge an intervention? There are more disturbing targets to have an obsession about but this is genuinely concerning obsessional behaviour.

edlong
    Free Member

That’s a lot of effort for a £300 MTB…

Not saying the OP’s history on this isn’t a little… over the top BUT £300 is a lot of money to spend on a bike for some people.

I had a £300 bike nicked a few years ago and it wasn’t just as easy as “buy a new bike and move on”

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘Ammanford KTM MTB Theft today’ is closed to new replies.