Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • American Classic no more !!
  • plus-one

Wheel folks shutting down 🙁

Maybe some good deals then

http://www.bikeradar.com/us/road/news/article/american-classic-shuts-down-51520/

njee20
    Free Member

Shame. Wonder if I should stockpile some spares!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

shame: I wonder if I should buy that wide lightning boost 29er wheelset

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pigyn
    Free Member

You should buy that wheelset, they are really good. I am pretty gutted, we have quite a few of their wheelsets in the house and rate them highly, hopefully someone buys them out/the designs. I run the ‘Smokin Gun’ wheelset, stupid name great wheels.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

cheers pigyn. the wheelset is almost too light though! for enduro enduroing

snaps
    Free Member
    jonnyrockymountain

Yeah someone needs to buy them up, I’ve run them for the last 5/6 year and have been great, all the various ones I’ve had. Can’t believe it really as they are quite popular as well, spares easy and easy to work on

bigwill
    Free Member

Jeez, I’ve had no luck. I’ve just built a niner ( now gone into administration) bike with American classic wheels, If Thompson and Sram go pop there wil be nothing left to warranty. Shame I think they are great wheels. Got a great deal on them before all this, from top fun in Spain so I’m not going to whinge to much.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Jeez, I’ve had no luck. I’ve just built a niner ( now gone into administration)

Isn’t the administration thing just to help them sell the company? It read like that on the Pink Bike article.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Keep an eye on Planet-X… 🙄

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘American Classic no more !!’ is closed to new replies.