Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • American Classic 225 Rear Hub – Freehub – Where from??
  • dickie
    Free Member

My 5 year old American Claasic 225 rear freehub failed at the weekend. Where can I find a replacement?

dickie
    Free Member

Yes I can – I need a new freehub as I believe the spring &/or plate are damaged – there is no engagement

damascus
    Free Member

I sold all my American classic hubs after the company shut down for fear of spares.

I’d heard a company purchased the rights to produce spares? Might be wrong. I’m sure someone will know

mick_r

Try an email to http://walliscycles.com

He used to sell a lot of their wheels and has a few spares (but probably more road stuff).

shortyj15

I might have a spare hub and some other bits. Email me on iainjagger@gmail.com I can put them in the post for you

oreetmon
    Free Member

Sounds like you need a new bike 😉

I’ve worried about this also, tcx wheelset has been faultless for 4 years of Agro xc on my ‘adventure’ bike, but,,,,, it’s going to happen.

Ive pretty much accepted its a rebuild and replace if the hubs go west. Spares are few and far and expensive if you find, such a shame,,,Without doubt the best wheelset I’ve owned ☹️

crazy-legs

All my bikes have American Classic wheels. I was very upset when they went shut down. 🙁

Do Shimano freehubs not fit onto the hub shell?

mtbfix

Shimano won’t work as they’re all up and cone. I’m diverging onto a Hope rear wheel from AC this week in the name of replaceable parts and future compatibility.

dickie
    Free Member

Sounds like you need a new bike 😉

I think when the bushings go on the Turner I’ll have no choice!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘American Classic 225 Rear Hub – Freehub – Where from??’ is closed to new replies.