Ambrosio tubular wheelset

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale Ambrosio tubular wheelset

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ambrosio tubular wheelset
  • Premier Icon speedstar
    Subscriber

Which rims are these?

Premier Icon flange
    Subscriber

F20 sir..

Premier Icon speedstar
    Subscriber

Ok. How old and can I have some photos? s9809792 at sms.ed.ac.uk. Thanks

Premier Icon flange
    Subscriber

Built in February by matt at life cycles. No more than 200 miles on them.

Will sort pics in the morning if that’s ok (it’s dark and the bulb has gone in the garage).

Premier Icon speedstar
    Subscriber

Ok if the photos are good i’ll take them! They’re for the missus. She hates how fast I go on my Nemesis/F20 combo!

Premier Icon flange
    Subscriber

Good stuff. Will sort the pics and email them through. Did you want the tubs? They’re on with tufo tape.

Premier Icon speedstar
    Subscriber

How much were you thinking for the pair?

Premier Icon flange
    Subscriber

For the tubs? Say £20 and they’re yours. They’re as new pretty much, put on at the time of buying the wheels. They probably need taking off and putting back on again though as the valves are on the piss. Haven’t had any problems but you’ll get the old school roadies sucking through their teeth and warning of imminent death..

Oh and I’m clearly colour blind – they’re matt grey. That’s how much I ride them!

Premier Icon speedstar
    Subscriber

Haha I did wonder at the bronze! What’s up with the valves? What wheels are you riding yourself?

Premier Icon flange
    Subscriber

The valves are just slightly on the slant because the tubs moved slightly when first on the tape. Makes bugger all difference apart from aesthetics but I’ll send you some pictures

I’ve got a bit of a wheel fetish – I’ve got

Enves on tunes
    Reynolds 46’s (tubs)
    Fsa 50mm carbons
    Cosmics
    Powertap on velocity
    Aksiums and a pair of moody ksyriums that I seem to ride the most

Premier Icon flange
    Subscriber

For sale in mint condition – 32 hole ambrosio tub wheelset. Rims in a matt bronze colour, silver spokes and polished hubs. Can supply with a set of tufo tubs if needed

Oh yeah, shimano freehub

Ideal for cross

£150 posted

Wilkitcher at gmail.com

Premier Icon speedstar
    Subscriber

Holy tamoly that’s a hole lot of wheels 🙂 Really quite jealous of that collection. Now tell me how do you rate your Cosmic’s relative to your alloy clinchers? and how are they compared to the other carbon wheels?

Premier Icon flange
    Subscriber

Honestly? They’re not in the same league as the enves or the Reynolds. I got them because they’re cheap, but they’re heavy, not that stiff and a bastard for parts. They look ok but I’d rather have a set of regular decent alloy clinchers than the cosmics. They also have a rattle which I can’t seem to find the cause of. There’s a lot of wheels I’d buy before buying another set!

Premier Icon speedstar
    Subscriber

Interesting! I really love my Ambrosio’s. They may not be everyone’s race choice but they are beautifully constructed wheels and great value for what they are.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ambrosio tubular wheelset’ is closed to new replies.