Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Amazon received something I didn’t order today
  • Freester

I know there have been similar threads before but today I received something I didn’t order from Amazon (some acrylic painting pens and some kind of speaker / light / alarm clock) today.

Nothing on my account orders. No pending payments on my Debit or Credit Card. No notifications via email or the Amazon app.

It was actually addressed / delivered to an address 2 doors down same postcode as mine. Feels like they’ve got my name and postcode and guessed my address.

I’ve been in touch with Amazon they said account is fine. I setup 2FA aaaaages ago. To be honest they were pretty clueless but said it would be escalated and someone would be in touch in 48 hours via email.

Assume this is the ‘brushing’ scam where they fake accounts, send out free goods then fake reviews?

Do I need to check / worry about anything else?

Poopscoop

Your assessment seems spot of from the recent threads on here mate.👍

kneed

I created a post about just this a couple of months back.

I chased amazon for the first few weeks: Initially they are reluctant to disclose anything at all – but I kept a list of their tracking numbers (from the parcel labels) and said I was suspicious.

All the tat I received were sent as ‘gifts’ by persons unknown (they wont say who). After I chased them a few times – the tat seems to have stopped. Some of the crap I got was from germany with german labels and I dont even know what the stuff was meant to be!

Anyway – it’s nothing to worry about really. You may have bought something in the past from an Amazon associate. Or your name and address are freely available on the web.

Northwind

I went through the “return an item you didn’t order” process recently, for kind of weird reasons but the upshot was, they make it way more hassle than if you want to return an item you actually did order. It’s very strange.

maccruiskeen

I went through the “return an item you didn’t order” process recently, for kind of weird reasons but the upshot was, they make it way more hassle than if you want to return an item you actually did order. It’s very strange.

it costs money to send it back- if it was something you’d bought then the cost if deducted from your refund – but otherwise it’s the sender that would foot the Bill- if they’re paying to give stuff away they don’t want to pay to get it back

hugo
    Free Member

Just let them know that they can send a courier to pick them up but you’re, quite rightly and not being arsey at all, not spending your time going to a post office.

99% they’ll just tell you to keep them.

dannybgoode

it costs money to send it back- if it was something you’d bought then the cost if deducted from your refund

Amazon rarely charge you the return postage even if it’s something you bought. Can’t remember the last time I got charged for it and I’ve returned dozens of things.

Freester

Guy on chat told me I could keep or donate the items.

In retrospect I wonder if insisting they take it back at their expense might discourage the behaviour or at least somehow get Amazon to look at the seller doing the ‘brushing’ a bit closer at least.

Killer
    Free Member

we once had an order for several super expensive designer t-shirts delivered from an amazon associate (4 x £100 t-shirts).
    we’d been victims to credit card scam, using apple pay, but they’d had them delivered to our address rather than their own. No record on amazon somehow but still changed passwords and sorted credit cards.

we tried to return but no interest from amazon or the actual retailer so sold them for charity.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

I had this a month or so back. The parcel had two different delivery labels on and they’d delivered it to my address. I got in touch with Amazon who checked the order and confirmed the error and said i could keep the items or dispose/do as i wish.
    Upon opening the package it turned out they were two dodgy looking flick knives, designed to look viscous and stabby but within UK regs for legality i assumed. Ended up taking a grinder and hammer to them and dropping them off at the recycling centre.
    Also as i also had to original buyers address i know which area i’ll be avoiding in future!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Amazon received something I didn’t order today’ is closed to new replies.