• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by RicB.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Amazon Fire stick or alternative?
  • oldfart

Recently bought a new Panasonic 4K TV and just discovered I can’t access the Red Bull TV app or BBC Sounds to catch up on missed broadcasts. Went back in the shop said I wasn’t very happy he reckons he told me Panasonic were limited on apps and if I wanted a choice I should look at Sony instead. Now I don’t recall that conversation but hey ho.
    So is a Fire stick the only option? The App store on the Panasonic is absolute rubbish, TV is great apart from that but didn’t want to pay £49.95 for something extra 🙄

butcher

If it’s just for a couple of things you can always get a Chromecast and cast directly from your phone. The TV might even do it natively.

£20 for basic firestick. No 4k though. If you’re prepared to wait until they’re on sale they’re usually dirt cheap.

Cougar

Smart TV apps are, as you’ve discovered, quite often not all that smart. You’re often best served with a separate box. Aside from anything else, should it go obsolete you’re looking at replacing a £50 gadget rather than a £500 telly.

If I were you I’d get a Fire Stick and consider it an investment.

prettygreenparrot

Put a 4K fire stick in your basket. Wait until the price drops. Though even at full price the fire stick is nearly a bargain.

funkmasterp

Roku!

RicB

Fire stick doesn’t have NowTV but the 4K version does everything else really well

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Amazon Fire stick or alternative?’ is closed to new replies.