Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Amazon Fire HD6 tablet for kids – recommended or not?
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

My kids use my wife’s iPad, principally for TV/film. What they don’t know about dinosaurs from watching Dinosaur Train on Netflix is not worth knowing (recommended viewing by the way; educational).

Anyway I want to let them use it by themselves but for that I need to turn on some restrictions on content and time spent on it. Whilst I realise I can do this on the iPad and on my BT Homehub, I’d prefer to let them have their own locked-down device.

Tha Fire HD6 looks a great price but I wanted honest reviews of it. How easy is it to get movies onto it? For instance the 8Gb only has 4.5Gb available to use and Amazon Cloud drive has a 20 min restriction on movies. Can I not just copy and paste my iTunes movies onto it?

Ta

stilltortoise
    Free Member

*bump for the evening crowd

Cougar

Hudl2 from Tesco, ~£60 in Clubcard tokens.

There’s little compelling reason to get the Fire, I’m afraid.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Can I copy movies onto the Hudl?

squin
    Free Member

I bought my son the Asus MeMo7 which has an SD card slot. Think it’s down to £80 in the sales. Looks pretty good to me.

Cougar

Can I copy movies onto the Hudl?

If you can copy them to a Fire you can copy them to a Hudl. No idea about iTunes though, I’d be surprised if they didn’t do something proprietarily fruity to make it an arseache.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Amazon Fire HD6 tablet for kids – recommended or not?’ is closed to new replies.