Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Amazon "deal of the day" – warning 'what laptop' content
  • hilldodger
    Free Member

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/deals

Lenovo G50-70 i3-4005U 1.7 GHz, 8 GB DDRIIIL RAM, 1 TB HDD £249.99

worth it for a budget “do it all” laptop ?

seadog101

Looks good. Lenovo seem to be the go to choice for not too prices machines that are built to last .

simon_g

These are not the “built to last” Lenovos though – there’s a reason why a T or X series will cost you considerably more. And why this only has a year’s warranty when those ranges have 3.

Spec is fine for the money, it’ll do all modern desktop stuff. Screen is low resolution and probably not great to look at (viewing angles, colours, etc) but fine for the money. Don’t expect a gaming powerhouse, although integrated graphics will handle some lighter/older stuff OK these days.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Yes, I’m not thinking it’s going to be a multimedia wonder machine 😉

Use a tablet for everything at home these days but have a few pieces of hardware that need windows to run their control & set-up s/w from a CD and my ancient XP lappy is really on its last legs.

hugo
    Free Member

Looks decent.

For all the messing around of looking for different options you may as well get that, I’m not sure there are many better offers out there for new and shiny in an amazon box. It will do the job you want, and you can stick an SSD in a year or twos time when they tank in price to make it good for a few years after that.

Typing this on a work Acer i5, 8GB RAM, blah blah boring that is doing very nicely thank you very much!

monkeychild
    Free Member

The beauty with Lenovo is you don’t have to go out on tothe internet for spyware/adware. It comes already built in for free!!!!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Amazon "deal of the day" – warning 'what laptop' content’ is closed to new replies.