Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Amazing video that sums up what riding is all about :)
  • kudos100
    Free Member
    racefaceec90

i feel embarrassed now 😳 i have a great bike (well to me ayway 😀 but due to depression/laziness i haven’t ridden it properly for over 7 months (i don’t do downhill racing or any of that mlarky 😉
    i hope that guy is ok,and i hope he gets sponsored (he certainly deserves to 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

It’s not what MY riding is all about.

bobbyspangles

great video.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Yep, my riding is about riding a supermarket special around Madeira.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Yep, my riding is about riding a supermarket special around Madeira.

Powerful vid! I’d donate some new tires

SiB
    Free Member

We could all donate parts to build up a half decent bike…….I’ve got some tyres and saddle to start with.

If we can get donations to build up a full bike I’ll gladly go and deliver it to him in person!!

Looks an amazing place.

kevj
    Free Member

During filming for the contest Filipe nearly broke his neck and left the frame in three

Good on him for cracking on but not exactly a good advertisement for cheap bikes.

Correct tool for the job and all that…

Milkie
    Free Member

Someone give him a frame before he kills himself! 😯

D0NK

Watching the vid I was thinking “no way has he ridden that bike for years doing that sort of stuff, it just wouldn’t take the abuse…oh it didn’t”

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

If Giant want to put their advert at the start of the video and thereby be associated with the story then they ought to at the very least supply the guy with a bike!
    Think of the positive publicity they’d get stepping in?

mintimperial

Watching the vid I was thinking “no way has he ridden that bike for years doing that sort of stuff, it just wouldn’t take the abuse…oh it didn’t”

Yeah, I thought that too. Maybe he started out on that thing years ago, but he has to have built up those skills on a real bike.

Good demonstration of how much energy bikes absorb when they hit the ground though. I bet he was feeling that landing for a few days afterwards…

stanfree
    Free Member

Great video , thought the rear tyre was a ‘bling bling’ then just realised It was worn too bits. It wouldn’t cost much for Giant to give the guy a decent bike and obviously get a bit of media interest and free advertising.

DezB
    Free Member

Shows it’s not about the bike.
    I had crap bikes when I was a youngster too.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

no wonder his tyre was bald – too many skids!

atlaz
    Free Member

I like the video and the fact he’s just riding what he has (or had) the way he wants to ride.

Like others though, find it odd that Giant could brand the video but not bung him a new Reign X or Glory or something to bookend the video. I’d think that was a far better advert for their brand values than what’s there now.

Kudos to him though.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

maybe degree 38 can start a petition to get Giant to give him a bike?

Maybe they have given him one post clip

GSuperstar
    Free Member

The competition is to win a Giant Bike, every entry into the competition uses the same start-up sequence I believe.

timnwild

Anyone from Giant bikes want to say if he got a bike or not? Good folk of STW, can you ask? I’d happily donate some gear to help get a proper bike, but I can’t believe they made a video with him and didn’t give him a bike. I work in advertising, and even I’m not THAT heartless.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

No… ‘Listen/Read’… Every entry into the competition must start with the ‘Giant video bumper’.

Giant haven’t filmed this, just given the bumper to be used before, regardless of the video, regardless of if it gets picked as the top 50 etc…

spacemonkey

Nice vid.

I’m sure he’ll get a bike soon enough – whether it be from Giant or whoever.

I’d also like to see him have a session with Jedi. I’d defo chip in for that. I reckon that would blow his mind.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thank God he’s ok.i cannot imagine how you’d feel if you’d videoed your mate/family member breaking their neck.

DezB
    Free Member

I’d also like to see him have a session with Jedi

Huh? You think he needs more skills? 😉

atlaz
    Free Member

Seems pretty skilled. I’d say get him a modern bike and see what he does. I bet there’s another video in him going, say, to Canada and riding there and seeing how he progresses.

BearBack
    Free Member

Don’t slam Giant.
    This is part of a contest where video submissions are competing to win a trip to Whistler and a Glory fame.

Ride Giant – Ride Whistler

mattmbk
    Free Member

19!! How big was his paper round?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Amazing video that sums up what riding is all about :)’ is closed to new replies.