Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 131 total)
  • Amanda Knox – guilty or not ?
  • jon1973
    Free Member

the torch wielding mob outside the courtroom don’t seem convinced.

spen1
    Free Member

Well she’s free now.

Edit: Too slow!

hora
    Free Member

Doesn’t mean that they weren’t present or party to the event. One person could have wielded the knife with others in the room. Due to incompetence collecting evidence and other procedural failures we’ll never really know the truth huh.

She may very well be truly innocent but she may also be guilty. One thing will be a rich Knox in the coming years. I wonder if the retrial will be held and its findings overturn this acquital or reinforce this ruling?

Nice the applauce for Meredith though from the crowd.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

She’s all yours now hora.

kimbers

csnt say i have a clue whether shes guilty or not, get the impression that the italian police dont either

the only thing shes been shown to have done is been a bit promiscuous and then been dismissive of teh police after her arrest

all of which pales to nothing when compared to the antics of their prime minister

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

They have the guilty guy – he was prosecuted for the murder as well and is doing time

Woody
    Free Member

She may very well be truly innocent but she may also be guilty

They have both got a not guilty verdict. Not an acquittal due to lack of evidence but a not guilty, as in they didn’t do it.

I have no idea if they have a ‘not proven’ verdict in Italy, that may only exist in Scotland.

jon1973
    Free Member

They have the guilty guy – he was prosecuted for the murder as well and is doing time

It doesn’t look like that fact is going to stop the prosecution pursuing it to the Supreme Court, unfortunately.

Jamie
    Free Member
    donsimon
    Free Member

Heart goes out to the Kerchers, they now have to start again.

hora
    Free Member

Acquittal due to unsafe evidence and procedures. Anyway let’s wait for the Juries breakdown on why they acquitted the pair.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

‘American citizen abroad escapes justice for crimes committed shocker…’

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

One thing will be a rich Knox in the coming years.

And a family still grieves the loss of their daughter.

Either way, Knox and the others knew what happened and have hidden it. They have lied. That is a form of guilt.

donsimon
    Free Member

Don’t forget that the legal procedures are different, and what we understand here is not the same as how the Italian legal system works. Doesn’t mean we are right and they are wrong.

yossarian
    Free Member

I blame the McCanns.

Eh?

hora
    Free Member

What happened to that mop?
    If she stayed their for 7 nights in a row why did she pop back for a shower that night because the plumbing in his flat was dodgy and leaked? Did she pop back daily 7 days in a row as well and where did he shower if he couldn’t in his flat?

What can mops be used for? Hallway footsteps?

The murder knife is missing. Why would she go back that night, notice the front door open, shower then leave?

Interested.be some interesting reading when the full decision + explanation comes out.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Meanwhile, stateside, on twitter, the general consensus is:

USA USA USA…etc.

😐

donsimon
    Free Member

cento!!! 😀

chewkw
    Free Member

Hmmm …

🙄

imnotverygood

I always thought that the whole story put forward for the murder: middle class young couple meet a perfect stranger and take him back to their flat to perpetrate violent sex/rape against their house mate just seemed to crazy to be true without really convincing evidence.. & the evidence was pretty shaky. It doesn’t seem to have occurred to anyone that doing cartwheels at the police station may be unusual behaviour, but if you’d just murdered someone who on earth is going to advertise the fact in that way? Ultimately I think it was her actions after the event which got her convicted

derekrides
    Free Member

Well I’m pleased she’s out of it, what a nightmare, for all concerned.

samuri
    Free Member

She’s been found not guilty so she didn’t do it. That’s an Italian court against a foreigner. You know it’s a shaky conviction in the first place when the Italians let a yank go free.

That must have been absolutely terrible for her. 4 years in jail for a crime she didn’t commit.
    Glad she’s free.

donsimon
    Free Member

for all but the victim’s family. 🙁

imnotverygood

for all but the victim’s family.

Why? Someone has already been convicted of the murder. If Knox & her boyfriend are innocent how does it help the Kercher family by having them imprisoned?

derekrides
    Free Member

don simon – Member

for all but the victim’s family.

Well I was being inclusive with the ‘all concerned bit’ it’s a bit of nightmare having your daughter murdered don’t you think?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

This thing about cartwheels is nonsense. What she was doing was some yoga to clear her mind. the cartwheels story is to discredit her. smear tactics.

LHS
    Free Member

Meanwhile, stateside, on twitter, the general consensus is:

USA USA USA…etc.

Wow, Genius, got any more enlightened gems?

hora
    Free Member

If Knox & her boyfriend are innocent

Did the court rule that they are innocent or was the evidence gathered tainted under closer-examination?

KennySenior
    Free Member

Courts never rarely rule people innocent. They find them not guilty, which means there is not sufficient credible evidence to conclude (to varying degrees of certainty depending on the court) that they are guilty. It’s not the same as being innocent.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I never expected that decision, oh well. So now she’s into a mass of media attention, courted or not, and the Girl and the other lad have to face reporters tracking thier every move, that can’t be very nice.

Anyhoos Perugia is lovely, don’t let it stop you visiting.

hora
    Free Member

Perugia is lovely, don’t let it stop you visiting.

It wouldn’t. The fact that outside the court there were alot of Italians (possibly local) who were passionate about the case says to me even though it was a murder of someone from another country they felt passionate enough to be present and to care?

aracer
    Free Member
    iDave
    Free Member

The fact that outside the court there were alot of Italians (possibly local) who were passionate about the case says to me even though it was a murder of someone from another country they felt passionate enough to be present and to care? a bit thick, didn’t have the evidence to hand and wanted to be on telly

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Either way, Knox and the others knew what happened and have hidden it. They have lied. That is a form of guilt.

How do you know that? there is no credible evidence linking her to it at all

chewkw
    Free Member

Guilty all of them.

If they were hung then the would be no more news. More fertilizer for mother earth.

😈

M6TTF
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    This thing about cartwheels is nonsense. What she was doing was some yoga to clear her mind. the cartwheels story is to discredit her. smear tactics.

back up please?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

“She was actually sitting alone in a separate room waiting for her boyfriend, and Napoleani said in court Friday (Feb. 27) that when she went to get some water she walked by the room where Amanda was and saw Amanda ‘doing the splits.’ She said she thought this was ‘odd behavior,’ and that Amanda should have instead appeared to be mourning the loss of Meredith. The tabloid press further sensationalized her statement by changing ‘the splits’ to ‘cartwheels,’ and the mainstream press ran with that. ”

http://www.westseattleherald.com/2009/03/01/news/knox-says-cop-misread-yoga-move

donsimon
    Free Member

How do you know that? there is no credible evidence linking her to it at all

So now it’s innocent until proven guilty? More changeable than the weather.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Thats your opinion Flash & I respect that but do you have any proof other than a hunch perhaps?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Amanda Knox – guilty or not ?’ is closed to new replies.