Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • am i turning veggienese…….
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

FYI quorn # veggie
    and not all mushrooms are instantly fatal (so far)

non-quorn, non meat foods include:
    fruit
    nuts
    vegetables
    pulses
    grains
    cake
    muffins
    doughnuts
    flapjack
    chocolate
    P-A-S-T-A

grizzlygus
    Free Member

non-quorn, non meat foods include:

Want about bananas SFB – any quorn or meat in that ? This lady appears to be ‘confused’ :

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

This lady appears to be ‘confused’ :

I believe bananas have no salty aftertaste…

nukeproof
    Free Member

Why the anti-Quorn? Low fat, high fibre and not meat. FWIW I love mushrooms as well 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Why the anti-Quorn?

he once et a bad un 🙁

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Why the anti-Quorn?

Cause it’s evil. I can’t eat the stuff – makes me feel ill. And I don’t eat meat. There’s been attempts to have it banned in the US.

What’s the truth about… Quorn

I’m not sure that we’ve necessarily evolved over millions of years to eat “a fungus that was discovered in a North Yorkshire soil sample in the Sixties”.

nukeproof
    Free Member

What’s the truth about… Quorn

“a small proportion of people could experience mild allergies”…I would imagine there is always going to be a small proportion who suffer mild allergies with any food/drink product 🙄

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’m not sure that we’ve necessarily evolved over millions of years to eat “a fungus that was discovered in a North Yorkshire

we have evolved as omnivores, and can assimilate most foods. I used to eat Quorn with no ill effects beyond farting.

grahamb
    Free Member

For a long time Quorn wasn’t classified suitable for vegetarians by the Vegetarian Society.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

For a long time Quorn wasn’t classified suitable for vegetarians by the Vegetarian Society.

yeah, the poor likkle quorns kick up such a fuss when they are cruelly bludgeoned to death 🙁

grizzlygus
    Free Member

we have evolved as omnivores, and can assimilate most foods.

That really is a nonsense statement. Dogs, bears and foxes are also ‘omnivores’, it doesn’t mean that we’ve evolved to eat identical food as them. And what do you class as “most foods” ? Blood and ants are “food” to some animals, does that mean that our bodies have evolved to digest blood and ants ?

grizzlygus
    Free Member

poor likkle quorns kick up such a fuss when they are cruelly bludgeoned to death

Probably more to do with the fact that battery hen eggs are used in the production of Quorn

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Dogs, bears and foxes are also ‘omnivores’, it doesn’t mean that we’ve evolved to eat identical food as them

no, and I never claimed we were, however we can digest all sorts of stuff…

does that mean that our bodies have evolved to digest blood and ants ?

yes. Black pudding, and some ants are a tasty snack in Africa

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Probably more to do with the fact that battery hen eggs are used in the production of Quorn

WHAT ?? Jeez 🙁

izakimak
    Free Member

Blood and ants are “food” to some animals, does that mean that our bodies have evolved to digest blood and ants ?
    Black pudding=blood mmmmmmmmmmm food of the gods.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

LOL ! Indeed I had forgotten about black pudding ! One of the very few things which I miss not eating – I would certainly consider eating it before bacon.

Although it’s certainly not quite the same as fresh blood ingested by vampire bats. I think that would make you throw up ….

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I think that would make you throw up ….

I said “omnivores” not friggin vampires 🙁

I had some veggie black puddin last year. 1) it wasn’t black 2) it tasted nothing like 🙁

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i believe they switched to free range a good few years ago now, but i’m not sure on that one… i don’t eat it anyway though, eggs is eggs and i’m banned from eating them by the vegan police.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

No you said : ” can assimilate most foods“. Blood is “food” to some creatures. As I said, it really was a nonsense statement – what you call “food” is highly debatable. I don’t consider a parasitic fungi which was discovered to have destroyed a wheat crop in 1967 as “food”

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

As I said, it really was a nonsense statement – what you call “food” is highly debatable

OK, I see what you mean – but I was thinking of things used as food by other mammals. Apart from things which are poisonous to us, we can manage most things except grass & bamboo etc and rotting flesh

I don’t consider a parasitic fungi which was discovered to have destroyed a wheat crop in 1967 as “food”

OK, I think we got that message 🙂

antigee

quorn(tm) is (possibly) the work of the devil

have you considered forcing rhubarb?

nickc

There are some Maasai tribes that still drink blood. Fresh from the Jugular of their cows. Mostly ceremonial and for medicine IIRC

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘am i turning veggienese…….’ is closed to new replies.