Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Am I turning into a big ponce?
  • benji_allen
    Free Member

I had 2 pints last night. I had to go home because I was so drunk. I now have a banging headache that I'm hoping will go before I hit the trails. I've never been a big drinker, but this has been happening all the time recently. Maybe it's time to jack it in all together?

Spaceman
    Free Member

Yes you are a big ponce, unless you were drinking vodka.

druidh
    Free Member

I developed similar symptoms, but for me they develop into a 60 hour migraine. Turns out I'm actually allergic to something in beer. Try cider next time and see if it's the alcohol or something more specific.

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

Have you just started to approach middle age perhaps?

Aged 23 I was able to drink pints of spirits whilst DJing all nighters

Aged 33 I spend my evenings at home going to bed by 10:00 and have to calculate in the loss of the next day due to physical agony when accepting the invitation of going for even a little drink, especially if it's gassy lager-pop.

benji_allen
    Free Member

Er, yeah. I'm 33.

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

Bingo!

I know this will sound the lamest thing ever but I am actually having to train myslef to drink and working on building up a certain capacity all over again.

If you rarely drink then even a couple of pints is going to hit you hard, if you have a drink at home after work or infront of the telly on a regular basis then you will build up a better imunity.

So you can blame Practical Matt when the wife comes home and you're slumpt in the armchair surrounded by tins.

Other point is- think about what you drink, stinky p155 water lager will make you feel far worse than good real ale as ale has more natural ingredients.

Keva
    Free Member

defo a big poncey gayer. 41 years old and five pints of cider last night, two of them 7.4% and I only weigh nine stone. I'd go to the docs if I became so ill I could only drink two pints !

Kev

benji_allen
    Free Member

Can they cure being a gayer? I thought it was a crime not an illness.

scraprider
    Free Member

i dont know you at all , but YES (sorry mate).

the-muffin-man

2 pints and you're drunk!!!!!!!!!

…so yes – you are a big girls blouse!

keavo
    Free Member

there aqre better things in life than alcohol. like waking up without a hangover and going out on your bike or whatever you like. i don't see that you have a problem, but you seem to think you do.

Jamie
    Free Member

Nah you are not a ponce….

….you're some kind of super-ponce the like of which has never been seen before.

allthepies
    Free Member

Yes.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i'm a uni student, and quite happy with the fact that 2 pints gets me nice and merry. makes for a cheap night out, and less severe hangovers.

benji_allen
    Free Member

I hang my head in shame. Anyway. To the pub.

iDave
    Free Member

i lack the necessary physiology to form hangovers. its good for me, not good for people i go out with, things tend to keep going – i'm fine the next day and they're in bits. funny really.

Flaperon

I'm 24 and have been a lightweight drinker all through my time at uni and beyond. I reckon it's a benefit; I can get sloshed on decent beer for less than a fiver.

I'm 38 and whilst always being a bit of a shandy and having many room spinning experiences, it's not alcohol that doesn't suit me, it's lager.

I can easily drink half a bottle of any spirit (usually whisky) and be still standing, but when drinking lager I'm occassionally a bit drunk after 2, certainly drunk after 4 and 5's about my limit. Strangely if I go for a proper night out (rather than the local) I seem able to drink quite a bit more. I feel far worse the next day on lager than I do on spirits too.

Davy
    Free Member

Don't worry. It's probably just liver failure… 😕

MrsToast
    Free Member

My brother used to be a big drinker at uni, but completely quit after he went on a health kick. He started drinking again, but just at weekends, and in much lower quantities (no more 16 pint nights for him). He'd be fine until Sunday, where he would be slightly wheezy, his face would be red and blotchy like he'd been sunburnt, and he had the occasional habit of passing out (normally whilst urinating).

Turned out he'd developed an intolerance to alcohol – his body just couldn't break it down any more, and it did odd things to his blood pressure. Can't remember what his condition is called, something beginning with an A. He'd get drunk on 2 pints, although his condition has eased up a bit now, and he can go up to 4.

samuri
    Free Member

I'm glad I've not developed this condition yet. I've never been a huge drinker but I do like my beer. I'd be gutted to not be able to drink it any more. I always laugh when I hear about people who used to go on 16 pint nighters. I think the best I've managed would be say 6 or 7 pints. I'd be dead after that.

steve-g
    Free Member

There may have been mitigating circumstances, if you had not eaten for like a week, or had given blood that day, or were drinking leffe then you may still be a heterosexual male.

Otherwise you probably want to hit the breezers

spacemonkey

37yrs old and can still drink for 10-12hrs (slight more pace dependent than 10 yrs ago though).

Can also go weeks without booze and still pretty much pick up where I left off. Not sure if that's a good thing, but at least I don't turn into an obnoxious chavvy tw4t like some people.

billybob
    Free Member

having been out tonight, & drunk far too much – I'll update you on your ponce status tomorrow…

miketually
    Free Member

More than 2 pints is a binge anyway and you should never ever do it 😉

MrSmith
    Free Member

are alcoholic drinks supposed to be enjoyable or a guide to masculinity and sexuality? only i find looking for visual clues like white jeans or carrying a small lapdog a better indicator.

never really understood the correlation between bragging about an ability to drink a large amount and masculinity? to me it just suggests you probably have an addiction/self control problem. you rarely hear people boasting "i smoked 2 packets of bensons last night"

TooTall
    Free Member

Having the occasional 'unjustified hangover' is all part of growing up. You'll possibly discover that you don't need a skin full to have a good night out as well. Some call that 'maturity'.

kennyp
    Free Member

I had 2 pints last night. I had to go home because I was so drunk. I now have a banging headache that I'm hoping will go before I hit the trails. I've never been a big drinker, but this has been happening all the time recently. Maybe it's time to jack it in all together?

Move to America. Over there, if you can drink two complete pints you'll be regarded as a god amongst drinkers!

hels
    Free Member

Was it Stella ?? I am sure there is something in Stella that makes you more drunk than you should be on two pints. And it always gives me a splitting headache. Never touch the stuff anymore.

benji_allen
    Free Member

Other point is- think about what you drink, stinky p155 water lager will make you feel far worse than good real ale as ale has more natural ingredients.

Had a couple of Butcombes last night. Right as rain this morning. I'm gonna get pi55ed more often now.

hels – Member
    Was it Stella ?? I am sure there is something in Stella that makes you more drunk than you should be on two pints. And it always gives me a splitting headache. Never touch the stuff anymore.

Stella is evil – I used to drink it all the time and always feel crap. I now drink Carling and even though I overdo it sometimes and still feel gippy, it isn't half as bad as Stella.

nbt

I can get drunk on two pints. It's good. I can get pissed and get a bag of chips on the way home, still have change from a tenner, be in bed for ten and up for a ride the next morning.

Talkemada
    Free Member

defo a big poncey gayer. 41 years old and five pints of cider last night, two of them 7.4% and I only weigh nine stone.

That's quite hardcore for a small bloke! A lot less fat to soak it up. I'm considerably fatter than you (9 1/2 stone), and that's probably about my limit, and I would feel a bit rough the next day.

I went out with a Japanese lass, whilst at Uni, who would get all giggly after half a pint. Her inhibitions would be considerably lowered as well. FTW! 😀

there are better things in life than alcohol

This is a very strange concept, and one which I simply cannot even begin to understand…

Talkemada
    Free Member

Nah you are not a ponce….

….you're some kind of super-ponce the like of which has never been seen before.

😆

Super ponce, Super ponce;
    Does whatever a Super Ponce does
    Can he drink
    16 pints
    No he can't
    Because he's a SUPER POOOOONCE!

Fengyoooverymush…

Move to America. Over there, if you can drink two complete pints you'll be regarded as a god amongst drinkers!

I once drunk about 12 pints in a bar in New York, and wondered why the hell I wasn't even half-pissed. something like 1.8% beer. Gnat's piss. I had to move onto whiskeys.

It's not big or clever to get drunk though really. I don't like being out of control any more, so rarely get any more than merry. 3 or 4 pints is enough for me. Any more just brings pain the next day.

there are better things in life than alcohol

This is a very strange concept, and one which I simply cannot even begin to understand…

As far as things go to make you feel nice, or alter your state of mind I can list cannabis, amphetamines, MDMA (ecstacy), cocaine, ketamine, LSD, mephodrone and BZP as all being better than alcohol – not all conducive to enjoying a social environment though.

Talkemada
    Free Member

I can list cannabis, amphetamines, MDMA (ecstacy), cocaine, ketamine, LSD, mephodrone and BZP as all being better than alcohol

Ooh, you've got a point, you know.

Ketamine. Mmm….

LSD is probably the best recreational drug known to Mankind.

LSD is probably the best recreational drug known to Mankind.

Absolutely funny as **** if you're strong minded enough to handle it. If you're a fragile fruitbat though, it'll eat you up, chew you to bits and spit you back out again – and you'll probably see it happening

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Am I turning into a big ponce?’ is closed to new replies.