am i selling it too cheap?

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale am i selling it too cheap?

Viewing 43 posts - 1 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • am i selling it too cheap?
  • philfive

i have my old 2005 Orange 5 which im now selling due to getting a new bike. it needs a new drivetrail and bearings but the fork has just been serviced. is 250 to much or should i ask for more?

Olly

2005 is old?
    it wont hang around for long at £250
    resisting offering to take it of your hands…..

if it weren't for me being about to leave uni, with no idea where i'd be going, i'd be very tempted at £250…

Premier Icon pedalhead
    Subscriber

Sounds like it's too cheap 😉

trail_rat

sounds like it spends its life under bridges 😉

and if its legit – you will be guaranteed some **** will be along to buy it and sell it on at profit ….

philfive

the underbridges comment just went over my head 😀

i may e-bay it then or bang it on here, as long as guy in bike shop doesn't take it off me

Premier Icon nuke
    Subscriber

This 2006 framed orange 5 is on eBay at the moment…

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Orange-5-Five-Mountain-Bike-Fox-Hope-Pro-2-Saints_W0QQitemZ140382708964QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Bikes_GL?hash=item20af7624e4

Its on for £1390. Yes it hasn't sold and yes I'm sure there's plenty of differences in spec but he has had offers.

Start at a higher price and reduce until it sells.

krag

What size it it? I'm looking for a cheap full susser to take to Morzine for the gf to use.

HTTP404

too cheap.
    a new drive train is not as expensive as you think.

Premier Icon midlifecrashes
    Subscriber

Waaaaay too cheap.

philfive

its 16 inch, and covered in mud at the moment, it needs new crank, bb, chain, cassette, swingarm bearings, wheels need rebuilding but the do have hope xc hubs, hope headset, seatpost collar and skewers. FSA carbon wrap seatpost and white saddle. i'm only selling as i've bought a Rocky Mountain altitude 50 and i cant have 2 bikes according to GF.

soobalias

depends on the fork, but i would have that as your bottom line for frame/fork (possibly with seatclamp/headset/BB thrown in for free)

if you are selling it whole then probably consider starting between four and five hundred – dependant on spec and condition obviously

krag

Sounds alright, if you do want to sell it do you want to drop me a mail? It's in my profile.

Missus has mavix xm321s on pro2 hubs on her inbred (that she's adamant her HT will cope in the alps), so would swap them over anyway.

philfive

hmmm well if bike shop doesn't take i may sell it on here. fork is Fox F130 and was serviced in about september by mojo.

I_Ache

Do you have any pics?

philfive

i have them on my photobucket, can't access Photobucket at work so ill have a look when i get home.

Wharfedale

Phil if you decide to sell drop me an email (in my profile) its just the kind of thing my brother is looking for.

Aidy

I reckon you'd find a buyer for twice that easily.
    Thrice that wouldn't seem completely unreasonable either.

that ebay link is for one I am selling for a mate. Even just frame only 5's sell for a good £300 no matter what the age, even old patriots fetch £200 frame only. The one on fleabay has new drive, new saint brakes, 36 forks and shock mojo or TF serviced, its pretty light for a burly bike. This one as stated

needs new crank, bb, chain, cassette, swingarm bearings, wheels need rebuilding… did it get run over 🙂

cannot really compare them

Ok its not my bike, its a mates and personally I think £1300 or so is a reasonable price for a decent spec, very well looked after five. There are 50 watching it.. mmm

Anyhow £250 for a five, full build. Its £250 prob for a very good reason, or someone will get the bargain of a lifetime

HTTP404

Even with that list of work – it's still worth more than 250.

dale

if you sell youre bike what will you call yourself?may I add myself to this scramble I am local to you and think the five should remain in its naitive enviroment (crossing fingers etc) 😳

philfive

hahaha no it didn't get run over, top and middle ring are worn and need replacing plus rear cassette is showing signs of wear so needs new drive train, someone in the know could replace everything easily but im not that good. mine has fox 32 f130 forks and fox vannila rear shocks 😀 bike is well looked after ive just worn it out lol 😀

Premier Icon Rusty Mac
    Subscriber

would recon 250 is way to cheep, if it is just wear and tear items that have gone and there is no damage to the frame, double that as a minimum you could expect for it, shold easily sell for 600

Premier Icon nuke
    Subscriber

cannot really compare them

Why not? Its the same frame. Anyway, I'm not saying your mate's isn't worth £1300, I'm saying the OP is worth way more than £250 assuming no major damage to frame/fork. Good luck with the sale…both of you 😀

:edit: great marketing for your bike btw philfive….beats the usual 'how much is it worth?' threads, must remember that when I come to sell a bike 😉

philfive

no damage to frame or fork. if bike shop doesnt get it ill wash it and put some pics up at weekend, the bike stil pedals well in granny ring 😀

even with the work I think he should be looking at circa £600-700, would give someone a decent five for around a grand. Or just over a grand if they did it up a bit. Or to put it another way a grand for the best do it all bike (according to stw opinion) 🙂

khani

way too cheap, forks are worth £150 on their own
    nearer £500 as is

timdrayton

worth 2 maybe 2.5 times £250 imho, i am all for a bargain, and some people give stuff away on here, but if you want to maximise what you get for it, then check ebays completed items.

(you could give it to kaesae, he would make it better than new, but seriously)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ORANGE-5-XC-MOUNTIN-BIKE_W0QQitemZ260556275901QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Bikes_GL?hash=item3caa5d40bd

this went for £850 for a 2007 with new bearings, and not great kit

so if i were selling it id be looking for £600 minimum (remember ebay charge you around 10% of total though!)

philfive

i dont mind giving things away to be fair, i've had good use from my 5 and loved every single minute of it. i do think 250 is a fair price but u can shower me with gifts as well 😀

ill put a couple of pics up when i get home

soobalias

*sends paypal*

Dibbs?

mxrider

Hi where abouts are you? (fingers crossed near Sheffield). Would be perfect for my allrounder. Its probably worth around double what your asking. Could you send some pics to;

grindle2007@aol.com

Thanks Rich.

philfive

im in lancashire and ill post some tonight

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

*has a look at the scrum forming to get to philfive and decides that it's not worth even expressing an interest*

dxb

wwaswas has a point about the scrum – but being in Lanc. too, it seems almost rude not to ask for some pics after everyone else's dibs

lord

pics to please email in profile,cheers

MTB-steve

Can i have pics aswell where abouts in lancs are you? email in profile cheers steve

philfive

one of the bike on pennine way

this the ebay add pic.

this is one of the bike at top of minch moor just to prove i haven't stole it 😀

ill get some better close up ones when i get it back from shop.

if you want to look its the 2005 orange 5 hope pro.

it now has hope headset, red front and rear skewers, white saddle and white odi ruffian grips. i also fitted xt shifters with the 2 way release.

steve im in Accrington

forgot to say it has intense 2.25 cc front tyre and a 2.1 hi roller on rear, ill throw in a part worn dual ply hi roller i have in shed to.

mxrider

Hi if for sale I will buy and could collect and pay cash?

I would definatly offer more than £250.

grindle2007@aol.com

Thanks Rich.

mxrider

Accrington is only 45 mins from me.

soobalias

sealed bids it is then.

lord

phil can you email me please.thanks

Viewing 43 posts - 1 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘am i selling it too cheap?’ is closed to new replies.