Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Am I pleased with my new bike, or what!!
  • velocipede
    Free Member

You know how it is….excitedly opening the parcel when you get in from work, skip your tea, start spannering, say you’ll be back in the house in half an hour and then find yourself in the garage until 10:30pm…got to finish, got to finish, got to ride it round the block….now!!!

Well here it is, and I am WELL PLEASED:

http://mike-dean.fotopic.net/c1913368.html

Yeti 4x with following spec:

Fox Talas 32’s
    Thomson stem and post (post is a bit raggy – need to change for a new one)
    Race Face Deus bars
    Race Face Deus cranks, RF bash, 32t ring (may swap for 36t)
    Flite “Balls Out” saddle
    WTB hubs & Rims, Conti Mountain Kings
    SRAM XO rear mech& Redwin cassette

Absolutely the best bike I’ve owned and I’ve not given it a proper ride yet!!!

sc-xc

post is a bit raggy

only the 3ft you can see… 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

Very nice but not much room for dropping the seatpost if you’re that way inclined!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I think it needs a longer seatpost.

velocipede
    Free Member

I know, it’s only got about an inch of room for seatpost manouvering – bit of a design flaw with frame really (maybe why they are not doing it now) but I have to say it absolutely flies….the back end is pretty short and with the seattube configuration you’re way out over the back wheel so the traction is phenomenal…brilliant fun already!

I’m thinking of some lovely red RF Atlas bars….

tails
    Free Member

So you actually run the post like that? I thought it was a make-shift job.

Why is it you don’t buy a larger frame? Although I realise this is not possible for the model pictured.

Nice bike, there was one up chicksands last sat and the guy was shifting but not as fast as the morewood chap.

takisawa2

Mmmm. Nice.

smell_it
    Free Member

Absolutely the best bike I’ve owned and I’ve not given it a proper ride yet!!!

I love you enthusiasm, and really hope it’s true!

But that post…..it’s not the fact it’s raggy.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Love it . . . bet it’s a lot of fun, but really a 4X bike shouldn’t have more than 4″ of post showing at the very most 😉 .

looks at new Tazer . . . OK maybe 5 1/2

velocipede
    Free Member

Hear what you’re all saying…but I’ve built it up as more of an XC/4x build…the compromise is that the seat isn’t going to be that low on the 4x track but at least I can ride there!!!

Plus this is the Large frame (or raher, the Long frame)…they don’t come bigger…and teh reach with a 50mm stem is bang on….

🙂

palliative.stare
    Free Member

Isn’t there a reason 4x riders drop their seats more than an inch from XC riding height? If you get to the track, I guess you could just take the seat post and saddle off?

Don’t get me wrong it’s a tidy piece of kit, but get the hacksaw out, it could look this good!!!!!;

Edit – or is there some suitable gravity dropper seat post type thing?

ken_shields
    Free Member

Keep a careful eye on the frame for cracks around the top of the seat tbe and top tube joint as that is a hell of a lot of leverage being applied to the frame which in all fairness to Yeti it was probably never tested with a seatpost that far out as it’s a 4x bike

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

On of my all time favourite bikes.

Ruined by that goppingly long seatpost.

andylux
    Free Member

Looks Lovely…

These 4x bikes must make fun trail ragging rides, but only if you are short enough that the short seat tube isn’t a problem.

I’d love a M’wood Ndiza or commie Meta 4x but i’d need too much seat post out to be able to pedal it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Am I pleased with my new bike, or what!!’ is closed to new replies.