Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Am I in the wrong?
  • TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Not feeling hard done by, just wondering what the point of the dig/jokey comment was.

PiknMix
    Free Member

The same as you feeling the need to tell us your flouncing 😉

Tom-B
    Free Member

Worst flounce ever.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Update! Howdens have admitted their error and written it off, still narks me that the ex customers have gotten away with it but hey, not a lot I can do about it so I’ll have to leave it.

To ad insult to injury, they guy I did the job for has emailed telling me how unprofessional it was of me to phone his wife and ask for an explanation. Grrrrrr.

On the flip side, had a good day at work today for nice people, had a laugh with them and got paid as I put the tools in the van for a nice little earner.

Happy that most people are honest and right with you, some people are just gits, nothing you can do to change them. That’s the beauty of being self employed I guess, I might not like the person I work for, but at least I only work for them for a few days and then never have to talk to them again, they have to live in their miserable little deceiving lives forever!

Thanks to all for listening to my rant.

wwaswas

Good result for you and as you say, best walking away and letting them stew.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I’m glad you were able to walk away after your nice little earner, I’m also glad us plebs who don’t complain will be thankfully unaware of just how much you have just earn’t for a simple job that we could of done ourselves.

trail_rat
    Free Member

2unfit2ride. Why not do it your self then .

Dont moan about the price if you are just cant be bothered to do it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m glad you were able to walk away after your nice little earner, I’m also glad us plebs who don’t complain will be thankfully unaware of just how much you have just earn’t for a simple job that we could of done ourselves.

What a pointless and unpleasant post.

I’m glad you got it sorted Blazin-saddles 8)

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

TR & Ernie, I’m glad he got it sorted as he was clearly in the right, but the phrase ‘a nice little earner’ narked me. it was almost as if BS was gloating about how easy it is to take money off folks who may/may not work hard for the money he had just taken.

Anyway on reflection I regret posting it, ho hum.

Woody
    Free Member

STW at its best 😆

FWIW BS glad you got it sorted but as others have said, I’d invoice them. Why should they get away with ordering goods on your account without even querying it with you first.

2unfit – wry smile from me re you getting wound up over ‘nice little earner’, given your line of work 😉

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

😳

😛

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the phrase ‘a nice little earner’ narked me.

Nice little earner just means that the job went well and some money was made, what’s wrong with that – isn’t that why people go to work ?

Or would you prefer if a job turned into a complete nightmare for the tradesman and they earnt no money out of it ?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

When I said ‘nice little earner’ I actually meant, made enough to make a living, not ‘fleeced the customer for every penny they had’

Is there something wrong with a tradesman making a living these days? 2unfit, I guess you go to work for free then?

There might be a lot of people thinking that all tradesmen are rough arse cowboys who sleep on mattresses of £50 notes out there but times are hard for genuine people who like to do a good job, I live in a very modest house, drive a 10 year old car that’s worth less than some people on here’s monthly salary. I work bloody hard and try to do nice jobs for customers. Millionaire I am a very long way from being!

Cougar

Hardly unsurprising. I think if I slept on a mattress of £50 notes, I’d probably have a rough arse after a few days too.

Rorschach
    Free Member

blazin saddles earlier

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

BS, FWIW, I too live in a modest house, drive an 11 YO car & understand that everyone has to make a living. I’m fed up of people wanting me to do something for nothing, or even ‘your best possible price’. I now just explain that we need to make money to stay in business & if they don’t like it then they don’t have to come to me, much simpler in the long run. But most people are being squeezed & for some inexplicable reason seem to want to take it back from the small trader, I bet they don’t go in to Tesco or the petrol station & ask for a discount, so yes I do feel your pain, but then the use of the term ‘a nice little earner’ does conger up some pretty unpleasant memories of those who would gloat about having someone over, so I would say it was a poor term to use & that when I said I regretted posting it I meant it, having had taken the time to think about if you meant it in that context or not.
    As for the rest of the posts since they/you were directed here then no comment as I’m keeping a low profile <you didn’t see me right?> 8)

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Am I in the wrong?’ is closed to new replies.