Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Am i dreaming? Where did you ride today?
  • rOcKeTdOg

Never seen the Wyre Forest so dry, super fast! Bike covered in dust & no queue for cake, i must have fallen and hit my head

samuri
    Free Member

Got up, wasn’t really in a great mood for riding. Figured I’d feel better once I was out. As I was getting my bike ready it started raining which kind of put the last nail in the coffin. Maybe tomorrow.

poonprice
    Free Member

Gutted…

Dry, hard and fast running trails up Wyre equals broken collar bone for me 🙁

Now i have to stay in and watch everyone else having fun up there. 🙁

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Chilterns. Road ride though. I seem to have developed the first signs of tan lines.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Cannuck…..dusty as an nuns chuff. **** ace times!

nickc

chilterns are rubbish, don’t go there.

leadbasher
    Free Member

Over near Dover blue skies and dusty trails

eskay

Mendips. Blue skies and windy, bloody great!

muggomagic

Went out for a quick blast and it was lovely. Looking forward to getting out Monday for a bit longer.
    BTW I’ve just realised what your hashtag on twitter actually was. I read it as AML dreaming. Thought it was a velocake thing. 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

22 road bike miles, longest I’ve done for ages. It was great 🙂

iainc

damp and dreich Mugdock. Trails were great though !

rOcKeTdOg

Now all that’s needed to round things off is a beer garden

mrmo
    Free Member

gentle 46miles on the mtb in the Cotswolds, pity the blue bells aren’t really out, but nice fast dry trails and sunshine!!!

After so many months of crap weather it really makes a huge difference.

http://app.strava.com/activities/52467487

Mantastic
    Free Member

The wyre was packed, introduced my Krampus to the wyre but was with my daughter so couldn’t go blasting around.

chrisylad24
    Free Member

Went to the wyre this morning only been a few times so not got a clue where to go but with the help of some of the friendly locals managed a good ride on some pretty tricky for me trails allround fab ride

ska-49
    Free Member

Just got back from Swinley. Did the blue and red a couple times. Knackered now. Super fast and dusty. They’ve done a good job over there..

rOcKeTdOg

Sunday dream just got better 8)

Sunday just got even better by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Hour’s tandem ride, then an hour’s solo. Perfect

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Alpujaras, Sierra Nevada. Getting used to loose surfaces. (I went down).

MrOvershoot

Went for a local spin on the CX bike and now have arm pump from all the baked hard ruts & horse hoof divots.
    Only once I was back did I notice I have the slick tyre wheels fitted!

theotherjonv

Porridge pot for the gorrick enduro. I too thought I had tan lines, turns out it’s dust stuck to sweaty legs. 4 laps is a stretch for me and my legs are in tatters now. How the fast boys and girls can knock out 7 laps in under an hour a lap is beyond me.

lehutch
    Free Member

Stanmer Park in Brighton. I was going really fast today. Awesome

CheesybeanZ

Dry fast natural trails in the FoD today , don’t think we saw more than a couple of others and the car park and cafe were heaving 🙂

RustySpanner

Pennine Bridleway from Clowbridge Reservoir all the way home.

We saw:

TwinklyDave. He didn’t say hello 🙁
    A poorly, wobbly lamb.
    Dust.
    A funfair.
    Lots of Bluetits.

It was great.

Tenuous
    Free Member

A bimble along the Downs Link from Cranleigh to Slinfold and back. First ride for sprog (5) on his new Beinn 20 and he’s now upstairs asleep so job done 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Oh yeah I picked this up this morning as well. Awesome condition. Few minor scratches but I’m not fussed. Probably the best condition frame I’ve ever owned 😆 unfortunately I won’t be able to get it built into a rideable bike for a month or two 🙁

Coyote
    Free Member

Dry trails and dust, dust, dust. Awesome.

Jon, where have you moved to? No rain at all in the Newton-le-Willows / St. Helens area.

Drac

I haven’t today as came down with a migraine last night so it wrote of the early start planned this am, I got out yesterday on the CX bike and it was brilliant. Sun is still shining so contemplating a spin later, I’m just about to jump in the bath after a day of scrubbing the house though so may end up just drinking beer.

Now with added pic.

Untitled by Lee Collis, on Flickr

rob2
    Free Member

Quantocks this morning before kids. Got there at 6.40 back at 9.20. Great. Dry. Sunny. No wind. No mechanicals or punctures!

Sandwich

No riding today, I indulged yesterday. RaceKing tyres on the hard tail and a quick (for me) 20 miles in the evening. Me and the dog did a 6 miles pootle (peace be upon Pook) in the morning too. Dog walking and breakfast on Ipswich dock this morning, which lasted until this afternoon. On-call tomorrow so I’ll ride to work for the luggage run and try to do something close to the office after until the clients return.

IanW
    Free Member

100k on the roads of Suffolk , excellent bit sunburnt though.

johnj2000
    Free Member

50 road miles for me as a training ride for the London 100. My god it’s not until you get on a road bike that you realise what a shite state our roads are in! Bloody potholes and no suspension are a mare. On the up side it was sunny and I didn’t get knocked off by a car 🙂

badllama
    Free Member

Been up to Rivi with usual riding partner and Greybeard from the forum, 22.9 miles dust ………………I mean DUST on the bike did a quick circuit of Healy Nab as well.

One puncture (me) one OTB (me on San Marino) eek to busy trying to figger out why the front tyre felt the way to it then ROCK! OTB not to bad considering the speed I was going lol
    Cracking day though if a little over cast weather wise. 🙂

marsdenman
    Free Member

1st time in a couple of years that the packhorse trail is all but bone dry… Pint at The Riverhead – lovely jubbly 8)
    Oh, and, the ‘sanitising work’ the national trust did there last summer it actually very good – ruddy gurt stone flags across the 2 worst bits of (what would normally be) bog… only concern is more work is planned…

fasthaggis

Road ride, it was almost too hot 🙂

aldo69
    Free Member

I went for an early spin around gisburn wet cold and misty, no I am not kidding

Pete

Ride through Dorset’s bluebell woods today…

cinnamon_girl

Wow, check out that roe! 8) There really is something special seeing deer amongst the bluebells.

Nice pics too, dare I ask whereabout please?

simmy
    Free Member

Bolton to Preston using a combination of roads and Sustrans, round the Guild Wheel and then back the same way.

Took me 7 hours with a lunch stop at the docks with 4hrs 45 moving, a total of 56 miles – the furthest I’ve ever been in one ride ever…….

Dry and dusty though – feel absolutely tired out now and the Dog keeps looking at me to go for a walk……

CG, its HERE.

I’m out with Anna tomorrow BTW, I’ll pass on your regards 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Am i dreaming? Where did you ride today?’ is closed to new replies.