Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Am I being unreasonable?
  • Flaperon

Ordered a piece of sports equipment (that wasn’t cheap, ~£400) and paid an extra fiver for “Expedited Shipping (1-2 business days)”. It’s neither big nor heavy.

Turns out it was sent by Parcelforce 48-hour. I asked for a refund on the postage as there’s no way that they could achieve delivery within 1 day on this service.

Am I being unreasonable? It’s a tiny amount of money in comparison to the cost of the item but it’s the principle of it.

NZCol

1-2 biz days, so it could be 2 days not one.

scotroutes

1-2 business days.
    Parcelforce 48.

johndoh
    Free Member

Err, it was 1-2 business days.

48 hours is 2 days.

Dickyboy

1-2 days is still 48hrs last time I checked

Rorschach
    Free Member

Wot thems sez

Flaperon

My point is that if they’re going to send it by a 48 hour courier they shouldn’t advertise it as “1-2” days, since it’s physically impossible to achieve a next day delivery…

If their site said “48 hours” I’d not have swapped shifts to get this morning off work. 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

But they didn’t say ‘next day’ they said 1-2 days.

martinhutch

Did it arrive within two business days? If so, what’s the problem?

Parcelforce 48 is ‘guaranteed’ within two days, but often arrives next day anyway. Exactly what the company says.

Flaperon

Parcelforce 48 is ‘guaranteed’ within two days, but often arrives next day anyway.

Fair enough. 😉

johndoh
    Free Member

Anyway, in answer to your original question:

Yes.

xcgb
    Free Member

Yes

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

I’ve had 48 hour stuff the next day (less than 24 hours from order to delivery)

Unfortunately, my currently awaited 48 hour delivery is rapidly approaching 96 hours. 😕

perchypanther
    Free Member

Can you describe a situation in which something sent by a 48 hour courier turns up in 1 day?

Well, this one time, I ordered a thing from a place and paid some money for 48 Hr delivery and then, like the very next day, a dude in a van rang my doorbell and said “Here’s your parcel, mate!”.

I was all like “Whoa!…… that was trippy!”

johndoh
    Free Member

😆

robowns
    Free Member

Really worthy of a thread?

jambalaya
    Free Member

^^ 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

Anyway OP – have you had a response yet?

chubstr
    Free Member

so, if Parcelforce is 48 hours, do they take into account sleepy time? or can they deliver at 3am? (unless you’re on nightshift)

Rorschach
    Free Member

Are you friends with Kryton?

Mister-P
    Free Member

“Friend inviting dp on girls’ holiday”

I’m guessing dp means something different on mumsnet?

johndoh
    Free Member

Hah – I saw / thought that too 🙂

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

AIBU?

Y.

Flaperon

Royal Mail Tracked 48® – Aim to deliver in two to three working days*

^^ From the Royal Mail website.

Wouldn’t you be a bit pissed off if you paid an extra fiver for “1-2 day” shipping knowing that the seller had absolutely no intention of honouring that pledge and posted it out using EXACTLY the same postage option as the free shipping?

If not, please post your unwanted five pound notes to me (although I won’t complain if you use a 2nd class stamp).

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGWuOAgU7jI[/video]
    😉 hugs

avdave2

I don’t think you are being unreasonable at all, just thick 🙂

Flaperon

I don’t think you are being unreasonable at all, just thick

Ah, personal insults now.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Wouldn’t you be a bit pissed off if you paid an extra fiver for “1-2 day” shipping knowing that the seller had absolutely no intention of honouring that pledge and posted it out using EXACTLY the same postage option as the free shipping?

Totally. But then I would have just kicked off with the store, and not posted on here. As you should know the sort of bullshit you’re going to get posted in reply 😉

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

OP – I highly recommend the Headspace app for you…not healthy getting pissed off over something (imo) so minor as delivery times.

avdave2

Ah, personal insults now.

You posted a “Am I being unreasonable” post on here and didn’t expect personal insults!!!
    I thought the thread had gone on far too long without one and you’d be sorely disappointed that it hadn’t descended to such levels, I know I would have been 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

OP – if you don’t (didn’t) get the package in 48 hours then yes, ask for a refund.

Asking for a refund even if you do (did) get the package within 48 hours would be rather silly.

wwaswas

I expect they despatch all Thursday 1-2 day deliveries 48 hr parcelforce – they’ll all arrive on the following Monday.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Am I being unreasonable?’ is closed to new replies.