• This topic has 41 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Houns.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Am I being unfair? Facebook Huns debate
  • geordiemick00
    Free Member

The Facebook group for my local borough is now flooded with photos of yummy mummies who are now showing their little darlings posing for photos with painted stones that they’re all hiding for others to find.

I’ve suggested promoting kids to pick stuff up in the current climate is irresponsible and stupid.

Obviously I’ve had all the ‘we’re allowed to exercise’ comments, but it’s plainly obvious this has now become some sort of Easter egg hunt type of affair.

Am I being a bit too tetchy or do I have a point??

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

U OK huns?

chestrockwell

My lad turned up at home with one of those after a local dog walk. F’ing thing keeps popping up all over the house and is getting binned tomorrow.

poah
    Free Member

No it’s not stupid given the current situation.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

U OK huns

Inbox me babe xx

Poopscoop

Perfectly reasonable op given the ways we know the virus can be transferred. Pretty idiotic in honesty.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That is idiotic.

mrchrist

I would be the same but don’t argue with children or idiots.

martinhutch

Just point out that coronavirus is likely to be able to persist for well over 24 hours on hard surfaces.

Ambrose

You are being entirely reasonable. ‘Just point out that coronavirus is likely to be able to persist for well over 24 hours on hard surfaces.’

squirrelking
    Free Member

Well seen I’m a west coaster, I thought this was something Ibrox related.

scotroutes

It’s just graffiti and shouldn’t be encouraged – especially in a natural(ish) environment.

teethgrinder

There all sneks

tjagain

I thought that as well

irc

I thought that as well

Me too.

phil5556

I commented on the same thing yesterday, I got told it was sanitised before he let his kids pick it up. I didn’t argue with him but suspected he wasn’t telling the truth.

The majority of other comments were against it too, just the occasional one that thought it was fine as long as you washed your hands when you got home.

kilo

I live in Wimbledon and thought that.

I didn’t know local facebook groups like this existed until a few threads in this time of plague, they sound weird as f.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

There was a local facebook group here too, started off pretty good, lots of old pics of town, the old airport, folks memories etc.

Rapidly developed into Gypsy watch, dog shit watch and any other moan they could think of. Best avoided.

The worst ones I’ve seen are the ones set up on new housing developments. Yeah, those are a special kind of people.

scaredypants

I’m on a facebook group for painting Houns. Is that dangerous now ?

boomerlives
    Free Member

Am I being a bit too tetchy

Getting into an argument on Facebook and then complaining about it is like taking a slash in the middle of town and then moaning that everyone can see your wee tinkle.

Don’t engage. What is the point?

My wife nearly bit last night. In the local page everyone was trumpeting for the clap for the NHS. Fair enough.

One nob said he would take the time to Boo for Boris.

She was going to point out that with all the clapping, if someone started booing it would send the wrong message. It was clear it would open up a dialogue with a moron, and there would be no upside.

Houns

I joined a local fb group for Coronavirus help/tips/support/volunteers. It was full of ‘huns’ just constantly messaging where they’ve spotted nappies or baby milk…

Regarding the stones, if they’re too stupid to realise the virus risk then they won’t be bothered about the dog piss these things usually get covered in

Not dangerous to paint me, I like the way the brush tickles

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Looks like all the Scottish STW community had the same initial reaction!

Nobeerinthefridge
    There was a local facebook group here too, started off pretty good, lots of old pics of town, the old airport, folks memories etc.

Rapidly developed into Gypsy watch, dog shit watch and any other moan they could think of. Best avoided.

I’ve been in a few, and they all seem to devolve the same way.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Same here & I’m in Lancashire.

It was clear it would open up a dialogue with a moron, and there would be no upside.

Unfortunately that’s often the case with FB.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

*********.*****Anonymous Post**********
    Posted by Admin
    Please can everyone take extra care while out on bikes 🚴‍♂️ and remember to wear your helmet.

I responded with

Please can everyone take extra care while out in their 🚗 and remember to not crash into 🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️

Blue touch paper well and truly lit I stepped back to watch the mayhem unfold and……………..

Nothing. I actually got a few likes.

phil5556

I’ve been in a few, and they all seem to devolve the same way.

Our town one is mostly the same, the occasional interesting/helpful post.
    Mostly people moaning about dog owners & bad parking.

The one I commented on about the rocks was actually one for my mum’s Village (I joined to keep an eye out for local businesses that will deliver food to her) and it’s exactly the same.

matt_outandabout

Mostly people moaning about dog owners & bad parking.

Yeah.
    But they’ve got a point.
    😉

MrOvershoot

Houns
    Subscriber

Best line of the day, as long as you have read the thread properly 😉

theboatman
    Free Member

The Facebook group for my local borough is now flooded with photos of yummy mummies

In fairness, I would be all good with this.

matt_outandabout

This sums up some of your neighbours.
    https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/3869752-I-ve-been-named-and-shamed

Do you really think they will reflect on thier actions and attitudes, then respond or change?

SirHC

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/3869752-I-ve-been-named-and-shamed

Do you really think they will reflect on thier actions and attitudes, then respond or change?

Fetch the frozen sausages and hammer, we have a lawn to decimate!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Pics of the ‘yummy mummies’ or it didn’t happen!

fooman

Super-spreaders gonna spread.

downshep

Was expecting a ‘should the rest of the season be played to empty stands or do the mighty gers just hand the title to the jungle jims’ kinda thing.

Sandwich

But it does contravene social distancing rules!

poah
    Free Member

TBF my neighbours did that with pots and pans. it woke me up and couldn’t get back to sleep for ages. it also woke Sophie so I wasn’t best pleased. Could have done without that stupid nonsense.

riklegge

But it does contravene social distancing rules!

Depends on the length of the brush

takisawa2

Paint a load to look like Coronavirus spheres & see if they pick them up.

dudeofdoom

. Missed previous post

dudeofdoom

FB’s a good concept ruined by numpty users 🙂

Speshpaul

“don’t be stupid!!!@ no one nos how it spreads anyway!!”

Just a comment on the village group.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Am I being unfair? Facebook Huns debate’ is closed to new replies.