Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Am i alone in thinking this is justified?
  • Pook
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

from the way it was reported at the time it seems a little unfair to bill her for the entire damages, sounded like there were quite a few people involved.

Calculate the damage, count the number of people involved (surely theres masses of CCTV) divide one by the other, and bill her that, if they cant trace the others then thats their problem.

sofatester
    Free Member

“She said three plate glass windows were broken and several pieces of computer hardware, which cost an estimated £40,000, were stolen.”

£4000 maybe, I think someone has put the decimal in the wrong place. Oh, hang on it’s a bank we are talking about!

uplink
    Free Member

Seems fair to me

coffeeking
    Free Member

Seems fair to me too.

Those large plate glass, double glazed windows are freaking expensive – not like your normal house windows.

Plus the computer equipment will not be a standard tesco PC.

Plus you need to get someone to fit and fix it all.

Its about time people took responsibility for their actions (on both sides).

sofatester
    Free Member

Do banks not have insurance?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

£4000 maybe, I think someone has put the decimal in the wrong place. Oh, hang on it’s a bank we are talking about!

I think you’re dreaming if you think you can get 3 panes of plate glass fitted for under £4000. I wouldn’t be too surprised at the price at all, if they’re big panes.

Yes they are probably insured, but like car and house insurance, maybe they have legal cover. The insurers know who did the damage and are recovering their costs.

Jobless moaner gets her comeuppance. Poetic justice I say
    If you can’t stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

do demonstrators not have insurance?

banks like lots of companies probably self insure the first £1million

uplink
    Free Member

Even if they did have insurance – the insurance company who paid out would come after the vandal(s)
    So no difference really

BigDummy
    Free Member

It is difficult to say it is wrong. She clearly can’t pay a fraction of it anyway, so it’s irrelevant.

But I am slightly amazed that of all the people knocking seven bells out of the windows of the Most Hated Bank In The Country that day the only person they could go after was a 17 year old girl. 😯

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Prosecutor Ann Crighton said three plate glass windows were broken and several pieces of computer hardware, which cost an estimated £40,000, were stolen.

Now to me that’s the hardware that cost £40,000. What did they nick?!

Richie_B

Sounds justifyable but can she pay it out of the portion of the taxes she will be paying in the future to pay off the ridiculous amount we gave to RBS?

seven
    Free Member

I’d ask for am itemised bill then source cheap parts of ebay

BigDummy
    Free Member
    sofatester
    Free Member

There just making an example of her, you don’t see many councils getting yobs to pay for the clearing up of bottles on a Friday night. Or paying for a new bin to replace the one they set fire to.

Would you expect to have to pay for a new lamppost if you drove into one and knocked it over?

Still, I think she deserves a swift “back of the hand” slap though. Where are the TSG when you needed them!

Edit: For Mrs Allen, as well as the “protestor”.

uplink
    Free Member

This is worse. [:-)]

You’re right
    People should be strung up for wasting ice cream

BigDummy
    Free Member

Where were the TSG when you needed them!

Too easy… 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

Would you expect to have to pay for a new lamppost if you drove into one and knocked it over?

Yes, and you do* – the council will claim for street furniture from your insurance.

*I know this from experience, one friend who took out a lamp post and a family member who took out 100 yards of motorway barrier. Both were charged (or their insurance was) at full replacement cost.

Quite frankly she deserves everything she got – why should she get away with damage just because other people were also doing damage.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

She broke stuff that belonged to someone else, she should pay for it.

She probbly won’t be paying for it, as she has no income. Therefore, the money will come from the taxpayers. Who have already bailed that useless shower of shite out.

Therefore, we should just turn round to RBS, and say, ‘that’s ok; just knock it off the bill’.

She’s a silly little moo, but she don’t deserve a slap off some gert big nasty thug. And neither does Lilly Allen.

BigDummy
    Free Member

And neither does Lilly Allen.

No, but I am willing to depart from the strict requirement of justice in that particular case. Could we slap her with Kate Nash? Two birds, one stone and all that. 😉

juan
    Free Member

Well she does, but on the other hand so does the drunkyard supporter club for thrashing the town after a football match. However, I don’t see club paying for that.

G
    Free Member

Police saw the girl smashing a computer monitor with a keyboard and flinging the keyboard against a window, breaking it.

Mrs Crighton said: “She admits breaking through the police cordon and said she had done so to rescue some of her friends who had been contained in a police ‘kettle’.

“At the time she got caught up in the heat of the moment. She thought it would be a good idea to go into the [bank’s] foyer.

“When she got inside she thought it would be a better idea to smash up the computer.

“She said she changed her mind and tried to throw the computer through the window instead.

“She was seen picking up a keyboard and smashing a window,” Mrs Crighton said.

Obviously all an innocent mistake on her part then…….

Caught up in the heat of the moment my arse!

Basically the behaviour of twunts like this is why you get kettling and aggressive policing at demonstrations. In my view it totally diminishes everyone elses rights as a result.

D0NK

However, I don’t see club paying for that.

Yes but thats not the same is it? clubs aren’t responsible for a minority of fans behaviour (but they SHOULD pay more towards police costs at games – oh and they should sack any players who are convicted of serious crime…IMO). Just like if SFB went on to trash ambleside centre after an elterwater ride the boggies wouldn’t be sued for damages.
    🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Just like if SFB went on to trash ambleside centre after an elterwater ride

That, I would pay to see…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Am i alone in thinking this is justified?’ is closed to new replies.