Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • AM / "enduro?!" Helmet suggestions/recommendations
  • andysmiff1
    Free Member

So, after a face plant last week I’m in need of a new helmet.

Been using a Giro Feature for the past couple of years – thinking its a good reason to have a look around and possibly try something new, as always had giro’s for as long as I can remember!

Want something with good coverage/protection.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks,

A

legend
    Free Member

TBH, every single brand you can think of has a good offering these days. You’re best just going on fit and price

tomglass20
    Free Member

I’ve got a met parabellum in blue size large that iv used once but don’t get on with £50 posted

nickjb
    Free Member

I’m in the market too and have had a trawl round most of the local shops. Fit is the most important thing but I’ve really struggled to find much in stock. Best for me was actually a Bell in Halfords.

joefm

Most are pretty good and CRC etc have size guides. Just got a TLD to replace an IXS which replaced a fox. The fox was great.

Just dont get an IXS. the front tip points down and obscures your vision. Plus the size range is massive.

flyingmonkeycorps

I’ve just got a TLD A1, which feels extremely well made and fits brilliantly well. So I’d recommend that if you have the same shape head as me.

sazter

I crashed my Poc Trabec on Sunday so am looking for a replacement too, being a girl I liked the purple but this years colours are a bit meh, now I know it’s not everything, but being identifiable as female when out on my bike is nice! 😉 Am now looking at A1’s, not so keen on the design but like the Trabec is gives good rear coverage, and square on the back of my head is where I impacted the tree… Waiting to see if Poc will reply to my email first.

coogan
    Free Member

Got a iXS and it’s ace. The visor is longer than my old Xen and did distract me to begin with, but after a few rides got use to it and don’t notice it at all now.

andymc06
    Free Member

New Met Parachute……………

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Cheers for the suggestions so far.

Quite liking the idea of a Bell Super (thinking of using the go-pro mount as a light mount?) as an option – anyone got one and what are their experiences/views?

A

robbonzo
    Free Member

I have the Bell Stoker, and its ace. Kind of like a Giro Feature with better ventilation. Size up slightly big. Cheap too 😉

jonnym92

Bell Super is good. Gets hotter than my 661 recon on the warmer days that we’ve had recently. But the rest of the time it’s pretty good.

More protection so you do feel more secure in it than other helmets.

Northwind

On the enduro note, Steve Parr’s just confirmed that the UKGE will be mandatory full face next year so that might be something to bear in mind. Mind you, it’s not the first time.

I’m still using a Fox Striker, it’s not #endurospecificz but it’s good, and light, and well vented. Doesn’t have quite the coverage of some though still better than your average xc hat.

Every brand’s got a suitable lid now though. It’s difficult to make an informed choice on protection- some probably are stronger than others, some definitely do have better coverage but weight and bulk have safety risks too so hard to really judge the compromise you want to make.

stewartc
    Free Member

Got both the new MET Parachute and the IXS Trail (also owned a Super and 661 recon)and cant complain with any of them, as already said go and try some on as the fit does differ and go with whatever suits…and looks cool.
    One small issue I had with the Bell Super was I lost a viser bolt and could not get a replacement, it is a small issue but very irritating at the time.

honourablegeorge

Troy Lee A1 going for half price on CRC has to be worth a look

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Popped to the LBS at lunch – bit of a limited selection, so gonna shop around.

Tried a Bell stoker – much like my feature, as posted above – however it seemed really “wide” so not too sure.

Think another LBS about 10 mins away has some supers in so going to take a detour home.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Tried the Bell Super at another LBS on way home – fitted well, liked it – (but not the colour they had in my size) so they’ve ordered the one I want in.

Happy days.

Now to get a go pro base mount to fit to my light unit for night riding duties! (Nice extra feature)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘AM / "enduro?!" Helmet suggestions/recommendations’ is closed to new replies.