am doing something very stupid atm. very stupid.

Home Forum Chat Forum am doing something very stupid atm. very stupid.

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • am doing something very stupid atm. very stupid.
  • cfinnimore

That’s more of a waste of time than my 250 stolen Skyrim hours.

Precisely the reason why I quit gaming.

Now I sometimes play games.

Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

Doesn’t count if you pause it.

Premier Icon sandwicheater
    Subscriber

Get out on your bike man!!

EDIT: Do you poop while playing?

Milkie

I stick to GT therefore I’m learning a real track, so it’s not as pointless. 😉 Although some I will never get to drive. 😥

45 minutes a lap! oh dear 😯

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

On GT3 I drove the full-length races without stopping. Over an hour with the computer breathing down your neck trying to look after your tyres. You knew you’d finished one of those.

Once, despite being utterly hopeless at the game, I played a full 90-min match of Kick Off 2. It finished something like 74-2.

Premier Icon Pawsy_Bear
    Subscriber

You need to try playing wow, eve or eq to rack up some serious years on line 😉

jambourgie

Once, despite being utterly hopeless at the game, I played a full 90-min match of Kick Off 2. It finished something like 74-2.

😀

Skinned-up a big one before the match I bet?

Premier Icon spud-face
    Subscriber

Having downloaded DOTA2 as a freebie timewaster for the odd winter evening last year, I’ve recently deleted it as 2014 seems to have drifted past without me noticing. Damn these computer games.

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

A friend of my dad’s I know is an ex airline pilot, for fun he flies real time across the pond on his PC at home….

Odd

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

<hijack>
    What’s DOTA2 like, then? I picked it up as a freebie too but don’t think I ever even installed it.
    <hijack>

Duffer

Currently up to 550hrs on Team Fortress 2. Keep going!

A friend of my dad’s I know is an ex airline pilot, for fun he flies real time across the pond on his PC at home….

Odd
    Please tell me he does in flight announcements to the dog/cat/goldfish.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Blimey, there’s someone who can’t let go!

Although.. that opens up a whole new possible market for games for retirees…

Bus Driver Simulator
    Checkout simulator
    Lawn mower simulator (with an option to sit and wait a week til the grass needs cutting again)

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

The hrs played counter on Steam is like finding a receipt from the pub…

well am currently starting lap 8 out of 20 (time so far 308m 08 sec). bring it on peeps 😉

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

I’ve no idea, but he apparently won’t “leave the flight-deck” when he’s playing flying.

Edit: I believe there’s a truck driver sim as well.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

I’m sure one of the sketch shows did that once, the guy had a pretty much full cockpit set up, had his wife be the stewardess and kids be the passengers, on a 14 hr flight or something tragically realistic hilarious.

I will be sending Sony an invoice of my hourly rate for the 2000 odd hours the Gran Turismo series has taken up over its 16 year life.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

well am currently starting lap 8 out of 20 (time so far 308m 08 sec). bring it on peeps

You’re already cheating by using pause.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

You’re already cheating by using pause.

Nah, hes fulfilling a fantasy of texting whilst driving.

(slightly) serious question, is it for a reward in the game or just for shits and giggs? If it’s the former, fair play. If the latter, well…

Premier Icon D0NK
    Subscriber

The hrs played counter on Steam is like finding a receipt from the pub..

yeah, fortunately I can’t remember my steam pw just at this moment, checking my counter might depress me.

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

tom, Aye I seem to remember the fast show….

Apparently it’s not all that uncommon, there’s forums (ahem) full of them…

Premier Icon zilog6128
    Subscriber

Lawn mower simulator

[i]Advanced[/i] Lawn Mower Simulator on the speccy:

atlaz

A friend of mine has 2 years played on World of Warcraft. That’s over 17000 hours. And he’s not even played for a while either… if he’d carried on I guess he’d be somewhere around 3-4 years now

have taken my love of gaming just a bit too far today.

am currently in the midst of doing a time trial event for test drive unlimited 2 on 360.

am doing 20 laps of the island of hawaii (117 miles each).

total distance in excess of 2330 miles 😯

started at 7:45 this morning, each lap takes roughly 45 minutes to complete.

driving the bugatti supersport (for a nice relaxing drive 😀

well back to it now (after another black coffee 😆

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

That’s it nickc!

*scuttles off to youtube*

Premier Icon dknwhy
    Subscriber

I once sat and watched my brother drive an entire F1 race on the original Playstation. His engine failed 3 laps from the end.

RE: the flight sim, guy my mate worked with did that. He’d come into work and be like, “flew to New York last night”. To the outsider, overhearing the conversation, he probably sounded like the ultimate playboy…

fr0sty125

Don’t worry I played EVE Online for several years. Thousands of hours that I will never get back but I don’t regret it.

Premier Icon spud-face
    Subscriber

Cougar: Hellishly addictive, despite seeming like it’d have a short shelf life. There’s the option of playing against bots which have some very questionable AI, but is good for practicing or against real humans, who have furious tantrums at the slightest provocation.

When the multiplayer’s good (not many bell-ends and some cooperation) it’s great fun, but sometimes you just bounce from one ruined game to another.

Also takes a lot of learning the different roles, tactics and such – shamefully it’s useful to watch some of the streams of it (with commentators explaining what the hell’s going on)

i.e. (a bitesize game, 30mins to an hour’s the norm)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DzXRdfrF-M&list=UUbEhNEf6zVdmd4C61Ayvv2w[/video]

Premier Icon scaled
    Subscriber

Thankfully i’m free from the shackles of online gaming these days.

/played (WoW) was genuinely scary, i’m quite glad I can’t track it now 😀

Premier Icon D0NK
    Subscriber

serious question, is it for a reward in the game or just for shits and giggs? If it’s the former, fair play. If the latter, well…

speaking as a fellow badge earner I still cannot see the difference between a game “achievement” and S&G, there is sod all real world difference, we’re still sad gaming anoraks either way.

452 min 20 sec for the first half of the tt 😯

parp! 😯 😳

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Currently up to 550hrs on Team Fortress 2. Keep going!

<embarrassed cough>I’m past 750 now…

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Cougar: Hellishly addictive,

Sounds good except,

Also takes a lot of learning the different roles, tactics and such

… doesn’t.

Hum.

thomthumb

Lawn mower simulator

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

real humans, who have furious tantrums at the slightest provocation.

I know somewhere else like that….

iolo

I play airplane sims. Passenger sims. In real airplanes. As I have a life.
    Edit : posted from Vienna airport waiting to board jet2.com flight LS960 to Manchester.

Jamie

I play airplane sims. Passenger sims. In real airplanes. As I have a life.

You’re being a bit of a dick at the mo, iolo.

Chillax, guy.

SamB

Bus Driver Simulator

Already exists: http://bus-simulator-2012.en.softonic.com/

Buses – pah! Train Simulator is where it’s at 😀

NWS, #YOLO

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnAMDg7IVWs[/video]

Jamie

Genuine laugh at smoke coal evreee day.

Premier Icon mattjg
    Subscriber

@op while you’re young, fit and strong enough to ride, go ride. In downtimes, plan rides.

While you’re doing this, over the years, games are getting better.

When you’re no longer up to riding, fill your gaming boots.

Premier Icon jimmy
    Subscriber

Mattjg probably speaks sense. I remember spending 30 mins if that on operation wolf (all 10 stages) and feeling wasted. Put me off gaming from an early age, with a brief foray into gta and GT 10 years ago.

AdamW

I’m semi-dreading next Tuesday when Destiny is released. I played the beta and loved it. I expect many hours to be wasted enjoyed this autumn!

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Ooh. I saw the trailer; tell me, can you fly those ships, is there a dogfighting section? Or were they just cutscenes?

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘am doing something very stupid atm. very stupid.’ is closed to new replies.